st60+ wind ind, speed hull spd

Oct 27, 2023
hunter 290 toronto
Hi, have a 2000 hunter 290 with these Raymarine/ Raytheon instuments but no depth sounder. Any suggestions how I can add one with this system or do I have to get a complete new system with all these indications?
thanks all
Colin

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
You can buy just the depth transducer (will require putting a hole in the boat), and a display.

it probably won’t match whatever you have now, but it would be functional.

Seems odd that the boat wouldn’t have a depth sounder though if it has other instrumentation.
- Do you have a “Tri-data” display?
- Or a chart plotter?

Maybe let us know what instruments you do have.

Greg

Oct 27, 2023
hunter 290 toronto
Hi again, thanks for your input, here is what we have:
Colin
Raytheon Model ST60 true and apparent wind indicator
Raymarine Model ST60 Plus boat speed indicator

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
It sounds like you would need to add a depth transducer and some type of display For depth.

You could replace the speed display with a Tridata disply to show depth & speed on the same display, but you still need a depth transducer if you don’t already have one. It may require upgrading the speed transducer too. RM may have a new transducer that incorporates speed and depth…that saves you from putting another hole in the boat…and a new Tri-data display could replace the old Speed display.

Or, you could look for an older ST60 depth display and transducer on eBay.

Or get a chart plotter that can do GPS speed and depth (still need a transducer installed) and display it all on your CP.
This the approach I took with my setup.

IMG_1617.jpeg

Greg

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I have little doubt that you could buy a matching ST-60 depth display, and the transducer. If not new, they often come up for sale used, at a very reasonable price.
I had ST-60 wind, depth and speed on Skipping Stone.Wind required occasionally replacing the transducer aloft, the depth worked very nicely w/o any attention, but the speed through the water never worked, nor did I care. I had all that and more on my chartplotter.