Rotating a photo

Oct 9, 2022
Catalina 30 Stratford CT
Still a little new here, trying to post portrait-oriented photos, but they preview as landscape. Vertical vs. horizontal. What am I doing wrong? I HAVE PHTOS TO SHARE. :D:D:D

Thanks!

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I think you need to change the orientation on your device and save the photo file, then upload It again.

I dont think that there are any settings to play with once you upload it to SBO.

Alternately You could try to copy the photo to your device’s clipboard, and then try to “paste” it into your SBO message and see what it looks like.

Now you have whet our whistle…what are trying to post a photo of?

I am on Lake Michigan, and we had a 78 F degree day on the south end of the lake, and 15-20 knot winds from the south (so not too big waves close to the south shore…a great combo this late in October). I tested positive for,Covid this week so I am in quarantine, and decided it was too good of an opportunity to pass up…went out on a 20 NM solo sail, reefed jib only, top speed 7 knots!

Great day!

Forecast is about the same tomorrow but up to 35 knots of wind. May try to get one more sail in before haulout next Saturday (10/29/22).

2E46DA2E-CA5E-42A7-ABE1-7D4D3A4A97D7.png

Greg

Oct 9, 2022
Catalina 30 Stratford CT
I think you need to change the orientation on your device and save the photo file, then upload It again.

I dont think that there are any settings to play with once you upload it to SBO.

Alternately You could try to copy the photo to your device’s clipboard, and then try to “paste” it into your SBO message and see what it looks like.

Now you have whet our whistle…what are trying to post a photo of?

I am on Lake Michigan, and we had a 78 F degree day on the south end of the lake, and 15-20 knot winds from the south (so not too big waves close to the south shore…a great combo this late in October). I tested positive for,Covid this week so I am in quarantine, and decided it was too good of an opportunity to pass up…went out on a 20 NM solo sail, reefed jib only, top speed 7 knots!

Great day!

Forecast is about the same tomorrow but up to 35 knots of wind. May try to get one more sail in before haulout next Saturday (10/29/22).

View attachment 210287
Greg
Feel better with the Covid and isolate!! …Meaning SAIL ASAP! When I got Covid I “isolated” in the garage. ;)

Thanks for the help, I did look into rotating before uploading, but Apple (iPad) shows them as correct. It might be the iPad.

As far as what I’m posting… I recently adopted a Catalina 30 in need of a refit and I’ve been asked for photo updates. And updates I have. :cool:

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Send me a PM with one of your images. I'll try and figure out what is happening.

Occasionally I have had that problem. Resolved the issue with the phone by saving it as a jpeg.

Sometimes I have had to load them in a computer/laptop then post them on SBO.

Oct 9, 2022
Catalina 30 Stratford CT
Send me a PM with one of your images. I'll try and figure out what is happening.

Occasionally I have had that problem. Resolved the issue with the phone by saving it as a jpeg.

Sometimes I have had to load them in a computer/laptop then post them on SBO.
Thanks, let me mess with it a bit more and if I can’t work it out I’ll contact you.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Try this... it is called "flipping the image"

1. Launch the inbuilt Photos app and open an image on full screen.
  2. Tap Edit.
  3. Tap the crop icon at the bottom row.
  4. At the top left, tap the flip icon with two right-angled triangles.
  5. Tap Done to save the final flipped image.