Replacing water tank on Passage 420

Mar 2, 2018
Hunter Passage 420 Condon, OR
Our 47-gallon water tank has started to bulge and pushed up the floor boards. How do you replace this tank, and, specifically, how do you get it out and what do you replace it with.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
This a picture from our H430

VentAir.png

Yes, the Air Vent is that Stainless Pipe that vents under a removable deck Cover.

No venting will cause you plastic water tank to Bulge.

Jim...

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Our 47-gallon water tank has started to bulge and pushed up the floor boards. How do you replace this tank,
It really helps to provide all the information at you hands for us to solve this problem. Such as year of the boat and what the tank is made of.

Fortunately, it's a simple problem with a most likely simple answer and all indications point towards a plugged vent. Time to get in there and get your hands dirty and locate the blockage. Also time to inspect the tank to see if the pressurization has started any cracks.

See where information like the age of the boat and tank composition now come into the enquiry ? Aluminum is more likely to crack at edges than polyethylene. If it's an OLD boat, it's more likely to be an aluminum tank.

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
If you have to replace the tank, you probably need to remove the settee and the floor boards.

May 21, 2014
Hunter H44 Toronto
I’m having the same issue with my H44. Tank will bulge and raise the floor when filling. Getting to the vent line in the forward area is hard to reach. I’ve tried a wet vac to suck out at the hull fitting, and a canned compressed air from the outside with no result. Will likely remove the flooring to access the vent line at the tank or tear apart the forward hanging closet.