Renogy Solar Panel Problems

Dec 27, 2011
Oday 272 Pensacola
Sorry, NOT Renogy, but Eco-Worthy...

Guess I looked at too many panels and became confused over Mfg...

Dec 27, 2011
Oday 272 Pensacola
Gettinthere - I don't understand your comment - 'X'.

Does that mean I made a bad choice in purchasing the Eco-Worthy panel?

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
On the renogy semi flexible 100 watt panels, I have spoken extensively with renogy about this. The have a batch of panels the sold from April 2015 to October 2015. They have about 400 customers that bought these panels at an average of over two panels per customer. So about 1,000 panels. They have had two instances from those panels. One mounted on canvas that started a small fire and one mounted directly on a boat deck that heated up and discolored the gel coat. They are doing a recall on this batch of panels.

I spoke with several people at renogy. The recall came out the day before we were planning to cross from Miami to Bimini. After all of the conversation I decided to keep my panels until we get to the USVI and deal with sending them back then. It seems those of us that jumped on the renogy band wagon are getting burned. They will only give you your money back. Nothing towards the install, lost product use, etc. Lesson learned.

Renogy also told me they don't anticipate a replacement product until summer 2017.

Jan 22, 2008
NorSea 27 Az., Doing the To-Do list
Any idea how you know if you are in the recall panels window? Or is it ALL panels, or ?? I bought 2 in Sept of 2014. Used them for a short time with no problem. They are on the boat, but only out when needed and not hard mounted.

Greg

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Any idea how you know if you are in the recall panels window? Or is it ALL panels, or ?? I bought 2 in Sept of 2014. Used them for a short time with no problem. They are on the boat, but only out when needed and not hard mounted.

Greg
Call them with your serial numbers. Supposedly it is only panels sold from April through October of 2015.

Feb 13, 2016
ProKennex Destiny Vancouver
Thanks for the info and recommendations Hello Below. I'm moving to Maple Bay in April, so will keep my eyes open for you.

Feb 13, 2016
ProKennex Destiny Vancouver
This is my first attempt at solar. I purchased a 25 W panel from Renogy and am a little disappointed in what I perceive as 'quality'.

Several of the lines appear to not be same diameter and there appears to be some issues around the perimeter of the mounting board(worse on one end than other perimeters).

Should I worry about these things (remember, first experience with solar panels). Just purchased/received, not installed. If a problem, would like to get it corrected before any other expense incurred.
Here are the serial numbers of the suspect panels I received from Renogy:

Thank you for contacting Renogy. Please accept our sincerest apology regarding this issue, as we can only imagine the inconvenience this recall may have caused. Unfortunately, one of the batches we received had a manufacturing defect (serial numbers 15029201504030xxx or 15037201504140xxx) that can potentially cause the panels to overheat/catch fire. Due to this issue and the concern we have for our customers’ safety, we decided to recall all panels with those serial numbers.