Random Photo's on home page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2012
hunter 356 Kemah,the Republic of Texas
Okay.....Am I the only one who finds it annoying? When you click on the neat picture that someone has shared. Only to have it error out. Sometimes it works and sometime it does not. Some of the photo's are pretty interesting.

Jan 22, 2008
NorSea 27 Az., Doing the To-Do list
Robert,

Are you talking about one web site, or just in general?

I know that from time to time, things on a web site can get mixed up and give errors. I do not check every photo on our web site every day. So, unless I get a note about a broken link, I may never know about it. I am always happy when I do get a note as it helps me keep my site up to date.

Greg

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Thanks for the nudge, onecoolair, that's an old problem and I think I finally have it solved. I checked about 20 images and they all worked. Let me know if you run into this again.

Note: I'll be extending the code patch to all sites over the next 15 minutes or so.

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
Okay.....Am I the only one who finds it annoying? When you click on the neat picture that someone has shared. Only to have it error out. Sometimes it works and sometime it does not. Some of the photo's are pretty interesting.
ABSOLUTELY Onecool!!! I have wondered the same thing many times. It has been an irritation to me for as long as I have been a member! :confused: I just thought it was some kind of bug in the system that would always be there just to irritate me!

Phil hopefully the change was made later today because this morning (about 9 or so CST) it was still doing it. :)

Jun 25, 2012
hunter 356 Kemah,the Republic of Texas
Thanks for the nudge, onecoolair, that's an old problem and I think I finally have it solved. I checked about 20 images and they all worked. Let me know if you run into this again.

Note: I'll be extending the code patch to all sites over the next 15 minutes or so.

Thanks.......Don't know what you did but it worked. :dance: Just checked about 30 or so in a row and they all opened.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Yeah, that _should_ be fixed now. If it happens again copy the address where the image is supposed to be and sen d it to me or post here. Meanwhile, I'm going to move this thread to Site Talk.

Nodak7

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 41DS Punta Gorda, FL
Yeah, that _should_ be fixed now. If it happens again copy the address where the image is supposed to be and sen d it to me or post here. Meanwhile, I'm going to move this thread to Site Talk.
Will do! Thanks for looking into it for us!

Nov 23, 2011
MacGregor 26D London Ontario Canada
I have a different problem with posting. Sometimes I get some error message when I go to post. It offers a try again button but I loose everything I have typed. Even if I use the back button.
It happens enough that I regularly select all the text and copy it before I click on post it. Not sure why. I should be automatically signed in...?

Nov 23, 2011
I'll copy and post it here next time it happens. About once a week... I can' remember what it says or the #.

Nov 23, 2011
Here is the latest. It's not the usual one that pops up but I've seen it before.
The requested URL /showthread.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.16 (Debian) PHP/5.2.6-1+lenny16 with Suhosin-Patch Server at forums.macgregor.sailboatowners.com Port 81
If the other happens again I'll put it up too.

Nov 23, 2011
Here we go. At the bottom of the box there is a try again button. I went from one page to another and clicked on the new posts drop down and......Funny. I just went to another tab open on my browser and it worked. I have the latest firefox and this thing eats cookies like nothing...?

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at forums.macgregor.sailboatowners.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Hi Finding,

The address you posted as part of the error message is that of a forum post, so I 'm wondering if you're describing the random photo function, which is in my attached screen capture. If not, let me know what you're clicking on to get those errors.

Nov 23, 2011
Hi Phil;
All I do is click "Post Quick Reply" below this box. I don't think it has happened when I attach anything like in the advanced mode.

Nov 23, 2011
Yes I was on the trailer sailor page. Proud of it too! lol.
Well something new happened today...I gave me an option to "tell us abut it" so I will do that in a min after I send this. (I opened another tab.. same browser..?)
Here is what it said this time....
Oops... there was a cookie error! This can be caused by:
  1. Getting logged out of the site due to prolonged inactivity
  2. All kinds of other weird stuff
We suggest: quit your web browser, re-launch it, and try again. If it happens again please let us know. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

EDIT: Here is what the link gave me. Some ticket....

http://shop.sailboatowners.com/cs/ticket.php?track=1HZYDWYXSH

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.