P 26 manual water pump at sink notworking

Sep 6, 2016
Pearson 33 10 meter Marblehead, MA
How do I do get the manual water pump at the sink on my P26 to start to pump water.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Stop and look at your question here. That's about the same as asking "How do I start my coffee maker ?" Without knowing the make and model of your pump, how can we tell your anything ? We don't know the year of your Pearson. Even knowing that, it's not unusual to find more than one make of pump was installed in any particular year. And finally, is this the original pump supplied by the boat manufacturer or something replaced by the previous owner ?

Given the make and model of the pump, nothing could be easier than to locate the owner's manual and a trouble shooting guide. Give us the make and model of the pump and you'll very likely find someone here who has that exact same pump on their Cat or Bene or whatever and has previously dealt with your problem.

Knowing absolutely nothing about your pump, I'll take a wild guess and say it's either the intake or discharge check valve that's failed. And that information along with $2.00 will get you a cup of coffee in most any restaurant.

You help us and we'll help you.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Just guessing here... A picture helps to narrow the possibilities..
One like this?
1691856026858.png

Requires you to first open the through hull that it sources it's water. Once open move the handle back and forth till you get water.

On some boats, the pump is hidden behind a cabinet. It will use a foot pedal to do the pumping work. The same "open the through hull" first step applies.

• Ha