Oday sailboat free to a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2004
Hunter 29.5 Orange Beach, AL
:cry: It's been a really hard decision, but I've got to find a new home for my 1981 O'Day 23. She's been a big part of my life for the last 16 years, but she needs to move on to a new home. I'm in the middle of restoring the interior, but I lost my helper and , physically, I've learned that I can't tackle the jobs I did alone 30 yr. ago. I'm willing to give her to a sailor who's willing to give her the love she deserves. She's sitting on an older trailer, so I wouldn't plan on any cross-country tows. We're located in lower Alabama, near Perdido Bay.
I'll check this post regularly to answer questions.

Broken-hearted.

Oct 18, 2010
Anon Anon Anon
It use to be that you could give a decent boat away for free every once in awhile and it was a nice gesture and everyone walked away happy. But, nowadays you got all these generation x'ers or y'ers that complain about someting even when its free.. Remember, the saying you could screw up a free lunch? I have seen people do this... Judge Judy always reminds us that no good deed go's unpunished..

Hope she finds her way for free into the hands of a decent person.
Sorry, if I sound cynical - I have been through a lot the last 5 years..
:bang:

T Rahe

Oct 11, 2010
O 'Day 2o Ft. Walton Beach, FL
Your O'Day 23

:cry: It's been a really hard decision, but I've got to find a new home for my 1981 O'Day 23. She's been a big part of my life for the last 16 years, but she needs to move on to a new home. I'm in the middle of restoring the interior, but I lost my helper and , physically, I've learned that I can't tackle the jobs I did alone 30 yr. ago. I'm willing to give her to a sailor who's willing to give her the love she deserves. She's sitting on an older trailer, so I wouldn't plan on any cross-country tows. We're located in lower Alabama, near Perdido Bay.

Broken-hearted.
I am interested - will you give me a 'phone number? I live in Ft. Walton Beach
T Rahe

T Rahe

Oct 11, 2010
Your O'Day 23

Broken-hearted.
I am interested - will you give me a 'phone number? I live in Ft. Walton Beach - my # is 850 862-5625
T Rahe

T Rahe

Oct 11, 2010
Terry, I will call you in the morning - hope to come over tomorrow.

Ted

Aug 17, 2009
Catalina 25 fixed keel standard rig Pensacola area
Good home for O'Day

Broken-hearted.

I live in Gulf Breeze, and am a skilled carpenter/ etc. and would like to look at it if T Rahe backs out and the boat is still available.

Mike Meyering 850 485-3328

Status
Not open for further replies.