“No Step” decals

Jan 12, 2019
Hunter 340 Narragansett
The “NO STEP” decal on my hatchway slider has almost completely flaked off. Can anyone direct me as to where to get another decal for the black acrylic slider hatch? Also, how do I get the rest of the decal off the slider?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Apr 8, 2010
Ericson Yachts Olson 34 28400 Portland OR
Pardon some curiosity.... I am familiar with warnings to keep people off the fabric parts of aircraft wings, but have never seen such a warning on a sailboat before. Where exactly is this sign posted? Was it put there by the builder?

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
All 3 of the flush hatches on our new Hunter 33 came with a large (4” ???) white block letters “NO STEP” decal centred on the opening side of the smoked acrylic lens. I assume they were affixed at the factory. I am not sure if it is to protect the lens from scratches or to protect the person from failing through.

• Wow

PaulK

Dec 1, 2009
Sabre 402 Southport, CT
Pardon some curiosity.... I am familiar with warnings to keep people off the fabric parts of aircraft wings, but have never seen such a warning on a sailboat before. Where exactly is this sign posted? Was it put there by the builder?
If you get it from an aircraft supply source it will probably cost three times what Hunter charges. You could get adhesive letters from a hardware store too. Getting ones that are sticky on their face would enable you to put them on the inside, where they won't wear off from people stepping on them.

Jan 12, 2019
Hunter 340 Narragansett
Thank you all for your help. I don’t know why I couldn’t find them on this site, and I did try. They hid themselves very well.
As Hello Below said, they are on the acrylic sliding hatch. And put there by Hunter when the boat was built.
I think there should be one just under the mast on the fixed acrylic as well.
Being black acrylic I don’t think you would see it if it were placed on the inside of the slider. Or at least not notice it.
Sun, wind and weather just takes it toll on it.
Thank you everyone.

Sep 26, 2008
Hunter 340 0 Wickford, RI
I have them on my 2000 340. Came with the boat, when we bought it new in 2000. I don’t think the letters are 4 inches though, maybe 2-3 “ . I’ll have to measure them next time on the boat.

Sep 26, 2008
Hunter 340 0 Wickford, RI
While on my boat this morning, starting the spring cleaning, I measured my NO STEP decals. The slider is 2” x 8 “ and the front fixed acrylic is 1 1/2 “ x 6”.
Big enough to be noticed (and remind others) but not too big to be an eyesore.
Mine are starting to show signs of flaking on the edges. Probably replace them next season.
Sorry about help to remove them though, I will be looking for responses for that as well.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
There were long discussions about the wants of customers and one of them was tinted slider companionway allowing sunlight into the cabin.
Hunter went the extra mile but at the same time safety was important. Thus no step warnings