New owner Ventura County

Jun 1, 2023
Catalina 22 15246 Ventura Ca.
Hey from Tim, after 6 months of YouTube and research, finally at the age of 62 just took possession of my first sailboat, a 1992 Catalina 22 #15246. I veiwed quite a few in and around Ventura and L.A. and learned the "new design" models by 1985 had most of the early design flaws remedied were the most desirable for those in the know. This one spent early days in and around Mission Bay, down San Deigo way. She has sat 2+ years in a field inland. She's held up nicely after three days of cleaning and testing the electrical after replacing the battery and installing a little solar kit. The P.O. fitted this out nicely with a Garmin GPSMAP 500, a Simrad TP22 Autopilot, roller fuller setup, and a 2006 Nissan 4 stroke outboard.
I haven't got her wet yet as I'm going through the outboard, changing fluids, fuel filter...
Fun new hobby!

Attachments

Oct 13, 2020
catalina C-22 4980 channel islands CA
Nice boat! Welcome to sailing the Channel Islands, it is a great place to sail. Dano

akar7

Jun 29, 2004
- - -
Hello,
I was the second owner of your boat. I bought it in 2009 and sold it in 2014.
I will contact you off list with it's history.
I owned both 1988 wing and your 1992 wing at one point as seen in the attached image.
Bob

Attachments

Mar 2, 2018
Catalina Wing Keel San Diego
Congratulations on the New to you boat. Having it in the Ventura area great great ! I've spent alot of time in Oxnard and out at the Channel Islands.