Media --> Supported Album URL's

Feb 28, 2022
Catalina 22 12482 Champaign-Urbana, IL
I have a shared photo album on my iPhone that provides an iCloud URL that I think would be nice to share as part of the "Media" section of the site. I include it in my signature right now, but when I tried to add it as an album in Media it said it wasn't supported. If it is possible to add, it might be worth including. Just a thought.

It looks like this site is built on XenForo, so maybe a plugin exists?

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Hi Brock! Thanks for the suggestion, I can see how that could be pretty cool!

One thing we've discovered in the 25 years we've been doing this... Most of the broken images in the forums are links to users' albums. You can see how it would happen. An owner has an awesome album, hosted elsewhere. He later sells the boat and gets obsessed with breeding and training rattlesnakes. He either lets the album expire if it's paid or the album changes its links, or domain, or any number of other gotchas occur and we're left with broken links and images.

While there are also reasons not to post images here, generally speaking we're in a much better position to make sure they remain live and unbroken. While we did lose some photos from the 90s in our first transition to commercially developed forums, we've managed to keep almost all of them safe and sound since.

All that said, there's nothing to keep you from posting the link anywhere user content can be posted. That's probably the best option for now.

Mar 6, 2008
Catalina 1999 C36 MKII #1787 Coyote Point Marina, CA.
Brock, if you are looking for an online album to share your photos and you already have a website , you can download a free online album and add it to your website. It is called zenphoto.org . Take a look at my site and the album.
Sail La Vie | 1999 Catalina 36 MK II
PM me if you need help.

Last edited: