Looking for Defiance

Aug 25, 2014
Catalina 30 Not
Hi,

I am hoping to find my Dad's old boat, a 30' Catalina named Defiance. I think a 1979. He sailed her in the 80's at Lake Powell and later Ridgeway CO.
He sold her in the early 90's. He has Alzheimer's but often asks where his boat might be now and is she being sailed or stored. If anyone can help I would love to know.
I found a link to Andy with a boat Defiance and a dingy called back talk, could this be it? Any info to gosagego@yahoo.com would be appreciated.

May 25, 2004
Catalina 400 mkII Harbor
there is a 30 foot catalina in burnham harbor chicago, on m dock, named defiance! not sure the year, but i used to be next to it. its current owners are norb and cindy. not sure what year they bought it.

ill try to get some pictures of it next time im there.

mike

Aug 25, 2014
Catalina 30 Not
there is a 30 foot catalina in burnham harbor chicago, on m dock, named defiance! not sure the year, but i used to be next to it. its current owners are norb and cindy. not sure what year they bought it. ill try to get some pictures of it next time im there. mike
Mike thank you so much.....the Defiance sported a nice set of Crome winches which my dad says he hocked the house for ;) . That would be so great if it is the Defiance from Lake Powell days.... Dick and Cindy Ryman captain and first mate. I will watch for your posts.....thanks again for your help.

Aug 25, 2014
Catalina 30 Not
there is a 30 foot catalina in burnham harbor chicago, on m dock, named defiance! not sure the year, but i used to be next to it. its current owners are norb and cindy. not sure what year they bought it. ill try to get some pictures of it next time im there. mike
j

Just a follow up. Hope this note finds you well. Were you able to see the Defiance or have you gone south for the winter? Thanks. gosagego@yahoo.com

Oct 1, 2023
IRWIN Citation Alpena
Hi, I believe that this is the boat I lost in my divorce. It was from lake Powell. Did your dad's boat have a stick figure holding a round shield and war club? If so check with Yacht Basin Marina in Helena MT. That was the last place I had it. I have heard my ex wife had sold it but I'm not sure.