Identifying Trail-rite trailer serial #

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobby McCullough

I have recently purchased a 1981 Catalina 22 with what looks to me to be an original trailer. I believe the model is Trail-Rite. The thing has been painted and I can find NO identifying plate or serial numbers anywhere on it. Am I just not looking in the right place? I want to register it for tags in my home state and want to try this route before learning about registering it as a home built trailer. Any help is appreciated.

J

Jake

trailer

I'll look when I get home. I have an 81 with the trail rite. Jake

D

DesertBoatman

Serial #

Mine is stamped on top of the starboard rail, near the front of the rail. DanB

J

Jake

trailer plate

well, the plate was there, but the numbers although embossed have lost their integrity. maybe if I were a forensics CSI researcher I could make it out, but I'm afraid the numbers have faded into oblivion. Jake

T

Ted

Left rail in plain sight . . .

Mine is/was on the left (port) rail (the 4" steel frame member), just prior to it meeting the tongue. It should be in plain sight, which leads me to believe that a previous owner removed the plate(tag). You may be able to determine the ID# from prior registration certificates, etc. Regards, Ted

S

Scott

Find Trailer ID

Everyone is correct, the number is stamped on the top of the right frame rail just before it meets the trailer extension. If you remove/snad/scape off the paint you will see the stamped #. If you call Trail-Rite, they will produce a new "VIN" label to place on the trailer. I repainted mine this fall and removed the lable to paint. Costs a couple of bucks.

T

tom b. 74 catalina 22

my id # is... um... let me see now.. ummm..

i have no idea..i just go with whats on the registration. i assume it was on the trailer at one time or another..

Status
Not open for further replies.