HOW on-line chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daniel

A new free software enables people visiting the same WEB site - in this case Hunterowners, to chat among themselves. I have down loaded it and now testing it. The software name is "GOOEY", and I believe it can add value to the forums participants.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Have experienced two chat problems

One is that anything discussed in a chat environment is gone for good once the browsers shut down. So we lose the knowledge base we want to grow - the other is that, while this site gets very busy, there are seldom the 20-50 simultaneous users to provide the half dozen or so who want to engage in rela-time chat. that said, I've heard of this software and will look into it.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Chitty-chatty-Bang-bang.

Phil: Isn't there a way that chat can be archieved? This would be great. You can also give the users e-lasers (starwars stuff) and they can put them on stun, sleep or vaporize when they don't like something someone else is saying,(wammo, you're outa here). Can you imagine the chat over guns, or S.S vs Fiberglass. There would be carnage on the electronic highway. Who would we blame? Al Gore (the father of the INTERNET). OH YA!

D

Dakota Jim Russell

Viruses

Ah, we do need lazers since the aggressors have viruses. <g> Let me know when you perfect them. Would really like to zap a few that have sent me emails with those little happy99 jobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.