Helm Seat (cockpit aft) for a Catalina 320/

chaswg

Jun 12, 2023
Catalina 320 840 Santa Cruz
I am looking at buying a 2001 320. It is missing the removable seat in the cockpit aft of the wheel (allows passage through to the platform). Anyone have a spare or know of a source?
TIA
-CW

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Why don't you call the factory? Catalina Yachts parts and service. google is your friend

Jul 8, 2014
Beneateau Cyclades 39.3 Redwood City
The factory said they threw out the molds and don't have any and can't make any replacements.
Let me know if you can find one as I need one also.
Might have to build one out of teak.

chaswg

Jun 12, 2023
Thanks for the Follow up- Building one of teak is my plan as well. As I put together measures and plans I'll let you know. btw I am in Santa Cruz. PM your contact?

The factory said they threw out the molds and don't have any and can't make any replacements.
Let me know if you can find one as I need one also.
Might have to build one out of teak.

chaswg

Jun 12, 2023
i found a replacement unit in the vberth most forward locker in the box upside down. no one looked there because they didn't think it could fit into the locker. lol

Jul 8, 2014
Beneateau Cyclades 39.3 Redwood City
I'm in the process of having a new mold made at Berkely Marine Center to make a new one.
It may be that the folks at Catalina Direct might be interested also in purchasing replacement seats

robbjd

Nov 17, 2020
Catalina 34Mk II 1344 Sarnia
For lots of well-made boat accessories try Zarcor in Addison TX. They make seats, tables, doors, etc. zarcor.com