great lakes flies

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
also, i will let the cat out of the bag if you will. right in the middle of the great lakes, there is this place that boarders three of the great lakes, with a tribe of people known as yoopers. last summer i sailed into this pretty looking village with with a very nice high quality marina, well protected, fabulous docks, plenty of openings, helpful dockmaster, right down town, with a band playing in the park that surrounded the marina, great showers, free, yes free breakfast included in this large lounge. got the picture. so i'm checking in and the dock master and he asked the length of my vessel, i reply 42ft. he said that will be $28.00. .............

i know. 42 ft, free meal, lovely village, 28.00. i'm thinking this could be un-american.

they look and act normal, but i, for one get nervous

just thought i warn you, jon

sdstef

Jan 31, 2013
Hunter 28 Branched Oak Lake
We bareboat chartered two summers ago out of Bayfield, Wisconsin and sailed through a cloud of them about five miles out. We had dozens and dozens in the cabin before we could get it closed up. It really kind of ruined the trip to a degree. No matter where we went, there were more. I don't understand why they go so far out from shore. The little bastards bite too.