Freebie to a home

Nov 28, 2012
Catalina 22 #442 Somerset, Ma
Freebie 71 Catalina 22 to a home

Good afternoon everyone.

Well time has come and i just dont have it to give this project what she needs. between buying a house, kids 2 and 9 and just pace of living i dont have the time to take on the project like i really wanted to.

1971 Catalina 22 #442

Biggest issue is , i HAD the title. i cant find it now(lost in the move) so the boat has no titale and trailer has nothing either. i picked this up almost 2 years ago and only accomplished to take out the interior( was going to redo it all).

So the boat needs----
keel work, IE dopped hangers replaced eye bolt replaced
its ORIGINAL 1971 so everything on the deck could use a replacement
electrical, PO hacked her up.
inside some glass work
outside has krazing
outside wood is weathered

Trailer needs---

tires
wiring
lights
bunks
bunk mount hardware(old,not the best looking)
studs

ill post what pictures i have. Honestly i just want to see it go to someone that can use it somehow someway. Wife wants to just call a company and have it crushed but id rather give it to someone. If no one wants it, which it is a pretty big project, ill end up just crushing it. Again i DONT want to but i also dont want it to rot into my yard lol

Attachments

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2015
Ideal 18 Fairfield
I'd defintely like to take a look if still available.
I'm located in CT so getting over to Mass on the weekend is not a problem (assuming mother nature is quiet)
my email is Patrick-d.stone@ubs.com

Mar 3, 2015
Ideal 18 Fairfield
Sunday is fine with me.
when you get the chance can you email me your contact and location information and what time(s) are good for sunday.

Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
Non pop-top early C-22, would make a fine candidate for a racer! :dance:

Don

Mar 3, 2015
Ideal 18 Fairfield
Hello
I will not have access to my email posted earlier over the weekend.
My son's email address is ryanlikeslacrosse@gmail.com.
If you are still OK for us coming to see the boat this sunday
please email me your contact and location information and what time is good for you.

Regards
Pat

Mar 3, 2015
Ideal 18 Fairfield
Hello

I am still very interested in this boat and would want to arrange a time over this coming weekend to get a firsthand look. Everything you have posted shows this would be a perfect restoration project for myself and my son.
We are anxious to get the ball rolling at your earliest availability.
I've sent some PM emails through this site but I am unsure if they have reached you as I am new to this forum.
Please let me know your contact and location information and what time is good for you.
Regards
Pat

Mar 3, 2015
Ideal 18 Fairfield
Hello
I am still very interested in this boat and would want to arrange a time at your convenience to come and look at the boat.
Please let me know your contact and location information and what time is good for you.
Here's the best number to reach me at during the day.
203-719- six-five-one-nine
Regards
Pat

Mar 3, 2015
Ideal 18 Fairfield
Hello
Just reconfirming I am still very interested in this boat and would want to arrange a time at your convenience to come and look at the boat. Once you get this message please let me know your contact and location information and what time is good for you.
Here's the best number to reach me at during the day.
203-719- six-five-one-nine
Regards
Pat

Mar 3, 2015
Ideal 18 Fairfield
Hello

It's been close to a month since I first responded to this post.
I've been patiently waiting to get a response from you regarding this boat.
Can you please lt me know if this boat is still available.
If it is no longer available please respond t this post so at least I know the status of this boat.
Regards
Pat

Nov 28, 2012
Sorry Pstone.

Ive been very busy. Boat is still at my house. Original title is coming via mail since i tracked down the previous owner. So he should be mailing the originbal and if he cant find it would get a reprint for me.

So again, trailer is not in good enough condition to bring long haul. the bunk mounts need hardware since original is rotting off. Tires have dry rot.

Mar 3, 2015
Ideal 18 Fairfield
Hi Snowman

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I did not hear back from you for some time so I assumed that you were no longer interested in giving away the boat.
I've already gotten another project boat which I am in the midst of restoring so unfortnately I can no longer take on a second boat restoration.

Regards
Patrick

Nov 28, 2012
Not a problem, sorry for taking so long.

In hindsight its a better thing anyways. After power washing it and going through the boat im just goin gto take my time and slowly work with it. Doesnt make the wife to happy, but being i dont have hardly an hobbies its ok lol