Clamp on meter recommendation?

Nov 6, 2020
Mariner 36 California
Looking to add a decent clamp on multimeter to be able to accurately measure DC current. Mainesail has some on his Amazon page, but they are way more than i want to spend at the moment. Anything under $200 that would be recommended?

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
Lots of YouTube videos showing test results for various models. Definitely less than 100.

I have had great success with Uni-T brand, purchased on Amazon.

As an alternative, you can get amp clamps that connect to normal multimeters, if you already have a meter.

Nov 6, 2020
Mariner 36 California
Lots of YouTube videos showing test results for various models. Definitely less than 100.

I have had great success with Uni-T brand, purchased on Amazon.

As an alternative, you can get amp clamps that connect to normal multimeters, if you already have a meter.
Thanks, i will check those out. I do have a decent multimeter..

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Have you had it long ? How well has it held up ?
Used on my boat since Summer of 2023. I bought 2, home and boat use.

I lost one, like that one, when our boat flooded in Hurricane Zeta.

I like the easy Battery change, which is can be an issue.

So far I like it.

Jim...

PS: Watch the video on the Amazon link.

Jun 19, 2004
Island Packet IP 32 99 Forked River, NJ
+1 on Jim's recommendation. We got this model last month and very happy with it!
...and the price was right too!

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
What I don t recommend is the Fluke. Spent $320 on it, the AC clamp on feature failed right after the 3 yr warranty expired. Fluke offered me the rare opportunity of buying a new ac dc clamp on meter ‘at 20 % off. . Bought a new Amprobe VOM w clamp on features instead, for $110 following amazon reviews. it has been working fine for 6 years.