Can anyone help identify the make/ model of this 27’ cutter sailboat?

Jul 6, 2013
West Wight Potter 19 Renton, WA
Hello sailing gurus,
I have the opportunity to bid on this estate sale, auction sailboat in a couple weeks. It’s located two hours away and they do have a preview date coming up, but I just want to see if I can get the make / model and approximate year information from anybody else here who recognizes this type.

The estate auction company was not much help, they don’t have a title they don’t know they make or model. I’m just wondering if it’s a diamond in the rough that just needs some elbow grease and TLC, or if it is a potential sinkhole money pit. If I know what make and model it is, and the approximate upside value, I’ll know what I’m shooting for and whether it’s worth even thinking about going down to preview before the auction.

They only had a couple photos of it from the outside and nothing from the inside. It looks like it hasn’t been registered since 2004, (19 years) and was used exclusively in fresh water Lake Michigan.
Thanks in advance…

Attachments

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Ask the auction company for the HIN. From this number you can determine the make, model, and year of build.

Jul 6, 2013
Ask the auction company for the HIN. From this number you can determine the make, model, and year of build.
The auction company is an hour away from the estate as well, and the next time they go there is on auction onsite preview day, which I’ll probably be at. No photos are available for the HIN or any data plates.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
It looks a little like a Bayfield, but it is not. The Bayfield 29 has a cutaway fore foot on a long keel.

Jul 6, 2013
It looks a little like a Bayfield, but it is not. The Bayfield 29 has a cutaway fore foot on a long keel.
Thanks for the lead, but when I looked up photos of these Bayfield 29’s on Google images, I can’t find any with a rounded stern. It certainly looks like the rest of the boats profile and details, perhaps a hybrid?

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
The boat is a post 60’s design. The skeg hung rudder began in the 60’s. The rounded bottom and the long keel support that 60’s early 70’s design.

Your query about the “upside value “ is in the eye of the buyer.

The prop kind of looks like a rotating blade feathering propeller.
Interior condition would be a key factor in valuation.
Suspect marketability would be limited as the design lends itself to being a slow cruiser.