Blocks

Aug 24, 2014
Aphrodite 101 148 Coeur d Alene ID
These are Elvestrom from Denmark from 1980. Looking for replacements or ideas on how to modify
IMG_2733.jpeg

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
You are looking for a stand up block. I doubt you will find Elvstrom blocks easily as they are no longer made. Schaefer, Garhauer, Ronstan, and Harken all make stand up blocks. Here's an example from Schaefer. The design improvement has 3 bolts holding it to the deck rather than one, like the Elvstrom block.

jssailem

SBO Weather and Forecasting Forum Jim & John
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Replacements... Easy... Visit a chandler or contact Fisheries Supply in Seattle. They have plenty to choose from.

Share more detail about "Modify". How is it used? Where does it sit? Looks to be bolted to the deck. But where and what function does it provide you on youor boat?

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
I assume that the current arrangement since 1980 has functioned and if you simply are looking for a replacement block then possibly use the existing deck attachment (ie bolt and eye), cut off the old block and replace it with a new block and shackle. Maybe something like this???
1715181299995.png

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
You didn’t describe location or use of this block. Without more info, I would say that attachment with a single bolt is unusual and a bit concerning, even though it may have worked for a number of years. I doubt you’ll find anything in production today with a single thru bolt base. I suppose you could cut the old block off and put a new one on same base. Personally, I would feel better about a new multi-bolt base. Either re-use or epoxy fill the existing hole. A good backer plate is always a must.

Dec 7, 2018
C&C 27 Mk V Vancouver
Only $93 and w/bearings unlike Element above. I had those Harken Elements on my mainsheet and swapped them for blocks w/bearings because too draggy, eh?