Anyone interested in refurbishing a classic schooner?

Mar 29, 2024
Gaudy & Stephens 43 John Alden Schooner Moss Landing
Is there anyone out there who refurbishes John Alden Schooners? West coast preferably.
I have a 43' 1930 John Alden Schooner, original name was PINNAFORE, she is in need of some love. I am looking for the right person(s) to help bring her back to life.
New to the page, apologize if this isn't allowed.

Nov 21, 2012
Yamaha 33 Port Ludlow, WA
You might add your specific location.

Port Townsend has every skilled trade that you need for a wooden boat restoration. To name a few of the prominent businesses, and in no particular order:

Cape George Marine Services
Haven Boatworks
Port Townsend Shipwright's Co-op

Plus many, many skilled individuals. Some have YouTube channels.

Edit: Sorry, I see you're in Moss Landing CA.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024
I am hoping to find someone to buy the boat this year. My father bought it as a project 6 years ago but passed away in December. I have no interest in keeping the boat, but it is such a special sailboat, I'm hoping to find someone who had a passion for them that is willing to buy a project boat.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
I am hoping to find someone to buy the boat this year. My father bought it as a project 6 years ago but passed away in December. I have no interest in keeping the boat, but it is such a special sailboat, I'm hoping to find someone who had a passion for them that is willing to buy a project boat.
Is it seaworthy? Can it sail from Morro Bay to Wilmington, CA (Los Angeles Harbor)?

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Mar 29, 2024
I think with a few minor adjustments that she is sail worthy, but I can't be sure. I doing this research from Florida for my mother who currently lives onboard. I will try and get some photos together from the documents my father left behind.