CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
Anyone at the show?
Anyone drinking painkillas?
Shure wish i was

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
I am planning to go Monday. I don't plan on purchasing anything though. But that is what I say every year.....

Apr 22, 2011
Hunter 27 Pecan Grove, Oriental, NC
I'll be there monday. Have been trying to stay ahead of Matthew on our drive up from Jacksonville, Fl. Able to get north of the I-95 closures in NC. Looking forward to a sunny day and a great boat show.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2004
Beneteau 393 Lake Texoma, Texas
We were there Thursday and Friday. Beautiful weather both days, then rain most of today, so my friends who were there today advised small crowd. Most of the big guys all touted their rush to bigger boats. Interesting that Hunter was a no show this year, nor was Island Packet. Lots on cats this year. There was a good showing in the vendor tents, although a number of vendors who have displayed for years were not at this year's show. Interesting that West Marine skipped the show this year.

CYQK

Sep 11, 2009
beneteau first 42 kenora
Noticed that west skipped the miami show last couple of years in favor of online
Are the management folks charging too much?

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
West has been out for several years. I talked to one of the local managers and he says they feel it was not worth the trouble and expense.

Apr 1, 2004
Catalina 34 Herring Bay Chesapeake, MD
As previously mentioned on this site a while back the original IP is no longer in business (Blue Jacket may be being built). I believe Marlow Hunter does not currently have any dealers on the Chesapeake. Their long time affiliation with the dealer in Deltaville and in Havre de Grace may no longer exist.

Steve

May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
It was odd that Hunter wasn't there considering their strong presence in the past. Catalina still had a strong presence and their new boats look really nice. Tartan had a very small presence of one boat and that boat was owned by a private owner.

I agree with the previous posts. There were lots of cats. Another odd thing was that the brokerage area for previously owned boats wasn't all that big and the smallest boat in the brokerage area was 37 feet (though it was a beautiful Pacific Seacraft).

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see Sailrite's area either. They were at the last show.

I wonder if the show's hay days are winding down and it is just going to get smaller from here. More people buying used boats, more internet presence, and the economy being principle factors. If so, that is sad.

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 33 Metedeconk River
Sailrite was present with a full staff and samples of products. Maybe I missed it but Seaward was not there and I did not see Defender.

May 23, 2004
I'm in the market as were . Colonial Beach
CRAP! I missed the tent somehow then. I wanted to see what their deals were with fabric.

Bob R.

Jun 5, 2004
Marlow-Hunter 40 Pasadena, MD
My wife and I are just getting ready to leave the house to head to Annapolis for the show today. My primary reason for going this year was to see the new Marlow-Hunter 42 that Greg Emerson had promoted at the Hunter rendezvous in June. He also said that they would announce a new dealership for the Chesapeake Bay before the boat show. This is a BIG disappointment! I guess the new boat that I am planning to buy won't be a Marlow-Hunter.

Jun 24, 2014
Catalina 36 Mk II #2124 Crystal River
Sailrite was present. The show was just ok for me. If you are a cat fan or interested in charter cats then this show was for you. I did get a chuckle when I saw the US Marshal seized boat. Can't recall which EU production boat the dealer just closed up shop and the boats were not open for viewing. I too was disappointed to see only one used Tartan and two used IP's at the show, however they were good examples of quality boats.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
As a former dealer, I am surprised that Marlowe Hunter was not there. I wonder if anything at the manufacturer end is going on. As for Tidewater, they have not been a dealer for a long time either. I do know the cost of the show space has gone out of sight and I guess that is greed speaking.

JSumme

Jul 21, 2015
Marlow-Hunter e33 Alexandria
I was able to go to the show yesterday. Beautiful weather, loved the wind and it was nice and cool. I think it was shameful that Marlow Hunter wasn't represented. I bought my 2014 M-H 33e from Legend Yacht Sales and it's no mystery why they no longer represent Hunter. Customer service, customer care and professionalism were deplorable. But the fact that Hunter wasn't represented at the show and the fact that they have no dealerships in the midAtlantic area speaks volumes about the direction and viability of the company. As Hunter owners, this should concern us. Hunter is a great Cruising boat that needs to stay in competition with the European brands.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
I do know the cost of the show space has gone out of sight and I guess that is greed speaking.
Not sure whether it's greed or just pricing what the market will bear. While a couple of big names (for example West Marine and Defender) weren't there, I don't think there was really any vacant space in or out of the water. About the only place to fit more boats would've been where the program said the Hunters should've been. Incidentally, the program did list several Hunter models expected - I wonder if they had paid the fees and couldn't get boats there for some reason.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I recall years ago when the show was much larger as I participated in the Annapolis Sailboat Shows for nearly 30 plus years not to mention the folks I knew to include the show promoter. I believe the show is under new ownership and for what it is worth, the price of a hamburger was not as expensive except for the shows. At least then you could still get a good sandwitch for a reasonable price at the market during the show until town council screwed the pooch with that.

QuikAg

Feb 6, 2009
2 30 Mk III Buffalo
I also was curious about the Wauquiez with the Federal Marshal's No Trespass marking. No one around to ask. Any info??

Bob R.

Jun 5, 2004
Marlow-Hunter 40 Pasadena, MD
It was interesting to hear what the Catalina, Beneteau and Jeanneau dealers had to say about Marlow Hunter; that they had no dealers left on the east coast, that they had made an arrangement with a dealer to represent them at the Annapolis show then renigged leaving the dealer responsible for the exibitor deposit, and that Greg Emerson, their Director of Sales, has left the company. I don't know the truth, but that is what was being said.