2003 Hunter 356 AC panel question

• Thread starter Former member 134612
  • Start date
F

Former member 134612

... I have a Northern Lights 5kw and we run it continuously when away from the dock. ....
Wow! Maybe I need to rethink my use of the genset. Although the solar panel is able to get me back up to 100% as long as it's a nice sunny day - which it is in FL today!

Mar 3, 2003
Hunter 356 Grand Rivers
We use the generator for HVAC to maintain a constant temperature and humidity in the saloon. We run a lot of AC stuff, tv with sat antenna and Dish network, chargers, computer, printer, etc. I use about 6 gallons of diesel in 24 hours. We are primarly on Kentucky Lake and spend about 75 days a year on-board. We made one 6 month cruise from Kentucky Lake to Punta Gorda, FL in 2013/14. We sail between March 1 to Early December in temperatures normally in the low 40's up to high 90's. Have been on-board as low as 18 degrees, but that is extreme. I have a full enclosure that goes on mid-October and stays in until mid-May. That keeps the cockpit very comfortable. I've sailed in 30 know winds at 40 degrees and been comfortable on a sunny day in the cockpit with the enclosure on. Acts like a greenhouse. I don't have solar.