140/146/170 owners manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Michael Laster

I have noticed many owners mention that their owner manual was photo copied and had many problems (out of order, missing pages etc). I recently bought a 146 and was less than pleased with the manual for these and other reasons. It was specific to the 140 and ws vague on how to rig the craft. I have managed to the the thing rigged but am not confident that I have done it correctly. Has anyone wth this problem got any answers from Hunter? I have mede several attempts to contact them with no sucess.

J

J Mashburn

RE: H-146 Owners Manual

I purchased a 2003 H-146 model last year & received a photo copy of a H-140 manual, too. I requested a real manual when it was released. However, when I received it it still referenced the H-140 throughout & was photocopied as well. It did have a H-146 cover though & was stapled along the left-margin. I guess Hunter thinks they are saving $$$. Although I have enjoyed the boat, it took me several attempts to figure out ways to rig & un-rig my boat efficiently to include several phone calls to the mfg. This could be frustrating for someone just getting into sailing for the first time. (It very well could be their last time.) On the Water! Jim M. Hunter 146 TIKI

D

Dick in MI

I think that the manual is an embrassment

You get a better, more professional manual when you buy a cheap computer printer than when you spend many thousands of dollars on a Hunter boat. Heck, you get a better manual when you buy a 20" bike for a child. I've enjoyed my boat but in the back of my mind there is always the thought "if they are scrimping on a decent manual, what else have they cut corners on"? Any company that wants to project quality should begin by producing a "customer-interface" that looks like it wasn't produced in a garage. In my mind, my purchase was worth quality documentation and Hunter didn't supply it. Maybe that's a comment on how they view their customers, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.