New profile posts

AWESOME! We'll be spending our first night next Thursday, and 4 days there to sail and get acquainted...so stoked. Just did the sea trial and it was perfect. In Oxnard Ca for a month or so we'll be hitting the Channel Islands for a month or two before sailing her down to Long Beach area.
Hope to sail up there someday, but very familiar with the beauty of the Puget Sound. Stay out of Capital Hill!
Joe
VisionPNW
VisionPNW
I'm a teacher so I'll be taking the rest of my summer to sail as well!
yz4pilot
yz4pilot
Summer off as a teacher...SCORE! Yeah, we did both jump 14 feet! The insurance was a bear based on over 10ft jump. Did you experience that when you were getting insurance? Here we're at 500k liability, and it cost me 1850 a year! used to be 650, but without official training it's that high.
i talked to the other hunter guy who posted and he said he's at 8-9 knots pretty much always. Sound fantastic!
talk soon!
VisionPNW
VisionPNW
Who are you going with for insurance? I went through BoatUS/Geico because we plan on being a liveaboard and they are just about the only ones that allow it. I think they were $2200. At 2700 rpm, we were at 8 knots, it just goes like a dream! I've never had an autopilot, a generator, an AC system, a chartplotter, an inverter, or a freezer, let alone three cabins... This is like sailing on a boat that I chartered!
Hi all, I have a Beneteau 461 and changing my shroud covers from plastic to leather. Has anyone have a diagram with dimensions? It would be of great help if so rather than up the mast to measure- last resort. Thanks
I am refurbishing a vintage 1978 Boston Whaler Typoon 5.2! I need help in Visio or printed instructions or where to find on rigging her Main and Boom, please TY Bernie in Clearwater Florida
i am in the middle of replacing a bent rudder. the packing gland also came loose from the hull. can you share anything with me about your rudder repair? i a. sea of cortez, mexicom particularly interested in how to rebond the packing gland to the hull. thanks for any information thanks garth jones
LeslieTroyer
LeslieTroyer
Clean up the “studding box” while inside where it sits and box with acetone. Then sparingly only where the box meets the top of the post put a small bead of either 5200 or really thickened epoxy.

Again don’t put on too much adhesive
LeslieTroyer
LeslieTroyer
If worried that you might get rudder bonded to post. remove the 3 bolts and any flax from the box. roll some wax paper around the shaft and slide it down so it spans the repair and prevents the shaft from sticking to your “glue”.
I have fully purchased the boat. This weekend cleaning her up she is currently on a cradle, was going to polish her but the electricity has been turned off since water is over the dock. Next Saturday I am going out on Aylamar with the previous owner and get to know her a little more if weather permits if it storms still putting her in the water for sure.
Good Evening, I am from New Brunswick, Canada. I am curious if you know, whether or not the hinkley yard still brings in CNG Cylinders for exchange. I have been trying to gt a hold of them but no luck, Thanks in advance
Jan
T
T Dunn
I don't know. They were doing it four years ago, but I don't know anyone who has done it since then. The yard is open so a phone call should get through. 207-300-2010 You might need to arrange it in advance. However, since the border is currently closed until at least mid-June there is no rush. Right now Maine has a 14 day mandatory quarantine that runs until September, so you would not be able to go ashore.
jdhohmann
jdhohmann
Thanks TDunn, I was last down 4 years ago myself. Doesnt matter, just spent a shit ton of money for a propanr replacement...
I am a heavy person getting close or maybe over 300lbs The 2 steps on the boat are in good condition and I don' t want to break them with my weight. Besides losing weight, I was thinking of stainless steel L Brackets and attached 4 on each step underneath for more support or does anyone have any better or suggestions? Looking for something that could handle 400lbs Load Capacity.
I am from California lived on several boats in the SF Bay Area from the early 1970s to 1984 with my parents and siblings. I moved to Michigan and I placed my down payment on her and she will completely be mine on Wednesday, May 20, 2020. Looking forward to many adventures with Aylamar with my wife and family.