YouGottaRegatta-Mac Raft-up in Chattanooga, TN

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

briangilbert

Not really a regatta... more like folks are going to get together at Chickamauga Lake just above Chattanooga for a day of sailing. Rescheduled for the 19th and 20th, which is Sat/ Sun. Might do a beer race if we can come up with something to use as windward and leeward marks. Anyone is welcome, not just Macs. I hope to have the VHF installed by then, so try me (S/V "Fluke") by radio. When I have one, it's on Ch. 16. Near the dam is the best sailing, as there's the most open water. My boat is docked a fair distance from there, so I'm not certain how long it'll take to get there and meet up with folks. If anyone has a rough idea about when they plan to arrive, I'll try to either meet you at the boat ramp to help rig, or start sailing early to get to the dam in a somewhat timely fashion. Directions to the dam are below. Of course, the weather is a big factor. We've had rain the last two out of three weekends, and that wouldn't be much fun. But the cooler weather that I'm seeing this morning means that we might get some wind. Feel free to email me with questions. There are two good launch locations... Chester Frost County Park, and TVAs Chickamauga Dam Recreation Area. Both are free, wide ramps, with plenty of parking, though they both tend to get clogged with bass boaters and ski boats. Chickamauga Dam rec area isn't illustrated too well on MapQuest... it's at the end of Kings Point Road, on the south side of the dam. It's probably the easiest to get to. Coming up from Atlanta, stay on I-75 north, heading towards Knoxville. The 153 exit branches off to the left (west). This highway goes directly over the dam. Get off at the Amnicola Rd exit, turn left at the top of the exit, and follow the signs... don't go back across 153, Kings Rd is on the right-hand side of Amnicola Hwy. Go past Erwin Marina... the road dead-ends at the ramp. Chattanooga is a very nice town to visit, and the aquarium here is highly recommended. The downtown area is revitalized, and there are lots of good restaurants (nothing like Atlanta, though) and a nice arts district, all within 15 minutes of the lake. Hope to see you there! BG -- Brian Gilbert 72/02 Venture 222 "Fluke" http://www.macgregor-boats.com/

T

Tim Bastian

Hope to be there

Brian, We are supposed to take delivery of our boat (Mac 26X) on Friday the 18th. If this happens as planned then we will be there. Hope to see you there. Tim Bastian Hixson, TN

Status
Not open for further replies.