Yanmar 2QM15 injector pipe leaking.

Oct 20, 2011
Hunter 30 Green Bay
I have a recently rebuilt 2QM15 that leaks fuel at the connection to the injector. I've tightened the nut to the point where something will break if I go harder. The fuel drips from the nut when the engine is running. The bad part is I can't find a replacement pipe ( # 124070-59820 ) anywhere for it. Is the pipe any special size and would a diesel repair shop be able to make a new pipe using the old nuts, if they don't have comparable nuts ?

Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Try Yacht Equipment Services in Kemah Tx. Jim or Cindy can help. 281-538-9377. They stock quite a few yanmar parts. I also have a leak in this area and will change copper rings and o ring. YES had all parts in stock.

check general down loads for exploded parts view of the yanmar 2qm-15

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
I bought some fuel resistant pipe thread sealant from auto parts store loosen installed and tighten no more leaks

Oct 20, 2011
Hunter 30 Green Bay
These are not banjo fittings. The fuel pipe has a nut at the end that screws into the injector. There is no ring or any sealing device other that the shape of the end of the pipe.

Oct 20, 2011
Hunter 30 Green Bay
That was going to be my next question. Does anyone know what the end of the pipe that goes to the injector looks like ?

Oct 20, 2011
Hunter 30 Green Bay
I wrote to Yanmar, and actually got a reply. Of course they had none, but he sent me info on a local diesel shop where I might get one made. Then I started checking for a 2qm20 to see if that might fit, when all of a sudden a brand new, in the bag pipe showed up on EBay. $45 with shipping. Must be the last one in the world !! Of course I shouldn't be saying this until its in my hands.........