Yanmar 1GM10 fuel injector pump issue.

Aug 24, 2020
Hunter 280 Portland
Hey guys, new owner of a Hunter 280. Bought it with a motor issue. It wont start. I think it's a fuel flow issue and have cleaned up the injector. After that I took the fuel line off the top of the fuel injector pump and hand turned the motor expecting fuel to come out of it. It didn't. I loosened the top of the fuel injector pump (delivery valve spring holder) and turned the motor and fuel flowed out. Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it. I took a video, linking here:
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Aug 24, 2020
Hunter 280 Portland
Needs a shim under the fitting maybe?
Interesting idea. I read those are for timing so I didnt change the 1 out. It seems like it's not a problem a more though. I turned the motor over with the starter and the injector removed and it started misting so I think the fuel flow issue is fixed. Still wont start but 1 less thing to worry about!

Aug 12, 2020
Lancer 36 Pago Pago
The service manual should be available on line, and a thorough reading will help you understand how the system is supposed to work, which is half the battle of troubleshooting. Good luck.

• Helpful
Mar 20, 2011
Hunter 31_83-87 New Orleans
Here is a link to the 2GM parts list. Fig 32 shows the make up of the fuel injector. This should be the same for the 1GM but you can call a Yanmar rep to confirm if you need to order any internal parts such as o rings or copper gaskets. This parts list as well as the Yanmar service manual for the 1GM and 2GM are also available in the General Downloads section of this forum.

• Helpful