Yamaha 29 sailboat

• Thread starter Poul Enrico Nielsen
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Poul Enrico Nielsen

Hi I live in Denmark. Earlier this year I (my wife and I) bought a Yamaha 29ft. sailboat with center cockpit I think we own the only sailboat of this size and brand in Denmark. Are there any out there who owns a boat like ours? How did You get a sprayhood andf a cockpit tent? Kind Regards Poul Enrico Nielsen

K

Koen Salden

Yamaha 29 in NL

Dear Poul, In NL several Yamaha 29's are for sale. If you look on marktplaats.nl, using the following link: http://kopen.marktplaats.nl/watersport_en_boten/kajuitzeilboten_en_zeiljachten/c985.html Then search (zoek) for yamaha, and you will find 3. I suggest you contact the owners and ask them whatever you need to know! Can you write something about the handling and the seaworthiness of this special-looking boat? I am considering buying one in a couple of years, as my kids get bigger. Currently I sail an X-79. kind rgds, Koen

enrico

Jul 18, 2006
Yamaha Y29 Koege, Denmark
Cruise or Race

Dear Koen Thnk yoou for your information. About buying a Yamaha. If you are for racing don't buy a Y29 but if it is cruising - don't hesitate to buy. We are a family of 5 and a dog and are planning our summer vacation 14 days on "Fruen". Our freinds that are saiboat racers said when they saw our ship "It's a damn good living machine". Before sailing that was last year we spent our vacation in a camper. The Y29 is a camper on the sea. Kind regards Poul

enrico

Jul 18, 2006
Yamaha Y29 Koege, Denmark
Y29 test

Dear Koen I do have a test of the boar done by a Danish sailboat magazine "Sejl og Motor". Unfortunately and ofcourse ;-) it is in Danish. I cannot translate it to Dutch or French but in the autum I can translate it to English and mail it to you or you can get the Danish version if you like now. For the time being I'm working on the boat - beside earning money. I am replacing the 30 year old worn out engine (Yanmar 8hp) with a 14 hp Nanni (brand new). The article said that the boat was well sailing but very untraditional. On wwww.yamahasailboats.org you can see a sales prospect on the boat. My experiences with the boat is that it is easily sailed, but you have to get used to be placed in the middle of the ship when you are sailing Kind reards Poul

Dec 28, 2005
- - ballard
Y-29

I bought a brand new Y-29 and owned it for almost 20 years. I raced it in the Pacific Cup which is a race from San Fran to Hawaii and then on to Seattle. Alough not a purpose built race boat the Y-29 is very fast if yoy optimize it and can take any weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.