Wire Access on Sabre 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Walt Grifel

Regarding my Sabre 28 hull 460. I need to replace the white wire for the forward running lights, between the distribution panel and the bow. The forward running lights are not working, and I determined there is an open circuit on this wire. However, I cannot see how I can access this wire to remove and replace it, without cutting out the fiberglass between the distribution panel and the bow, which I obviously don't want to do. Guidance regarding how I can access this cable run in order to replace the wire would be greatly appreciated. I sail at night frequently, but without the forward running lights there would be a safety issue. Thanks for your help Walt Grifel

Jul 25, 2005
NULL NULL Boston
Pull Back

Walt, Maybe solder new replacement wire to fwd end, and grease with vasiline. Start pulling back from as close to fwd as possible then move aft and continue to pull back until you are pulling from inside distribution panel. Sabre ties off wiring very securely all along the way, so major resistance means the pull back probably won't work. There is a Sabre Owner's forum on Yahoo at - Sabresailboat groups. There are S28 owners who may have your answer BobD Boston BHSYM S30-III

W

Walt Grifel

Wiring

Thanks for your response. The problem is there are only two places where I can access this wire, without cutting through the headliner, the anchor well and distribution panel. How can I pull the wire if I can't access it along the middle of the run? Walt

Status
Not open for further replies.