Winter Withdrawal Sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2004
Macgregor 25 So. Cal.
I know it has been in the 80's here in Southern California this last week but still I have winter withdrawals.:doh:

I have some sites that I like to go to remind me what sailing is all about and how to do it.:dance:

I like this one http://www.youtube.com/user/ppconsultant

I'm sure there are more so lets see some of yours.

Smithy

Dec 13, 2010
Macgregor 22 Alexandria, VA
With weather like that, you have no excuse for not being out there.

Signed, 20* D.C.

May 12, 2010
Macgregor 25 Southern Maryland
With weather like that, you have no excuse for not being out there.

Signed, 20* D.C.
That's what I was thinking, since I live about an hour from you in Southern Maryland. Of course, maybe the 80s in Southern California is a bit chilly in the Pacific....

Timo42

Mar 26, 2007
Venture 22 Marina del Rey
Frank didn't have his camera, but I got a couple, was ready to take video of the launch...just in case.:ass: Had a little bit of a grind going down the ramp. We put the nosewheel down on the haulout, should have gotten a pic of Frank in his waders. I think he is going to setup his spare like yours, Sum. It was a good day. :dance:

Attachments

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
so how long does it take to launch a C27?

how much slower than a mac?

Timo42

Mar 26, 2007
Hard to tell, it is in mast up, but this was the first time, and there were "technical difficulties" :doh:, once he gets the extension and nosewheel sorted out, the only extra work is putting on his hip waders. :D
If you had to raise the stick, not even in the same ballpark, I can go from road to splash in 45 minutes with help, 1 hr solo in my v222.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
.... I think he is going to setup his spare like yours, Sum. ...
Thanks for the additional pictures. It looks like you guys had a good time. We were down at Los Alamito Bay Marina on Friday for lunch at the Crab Shack.

On the tongue wheel I wouldn't try and make it steerable like I did. Probably a waste of time. I also have a high and low receiver to mount the tire/wheel/spindle in. Here is what I would do now....

...Just put on one receiver and then make the spindle fixed to the end of the arm with an offset in the arm that would position the tire/wheel above the tongue when traveling and by turning it over would position the tire/wheel below the tongue for going in the water. Make the offset whatever it takes to work.

I'd get .....

.....an $18.00 receiver like above from Harbor Freight...

http://www.harborfreight.com/3500-lb-capacity-step-bumper-receiver-67159.html

...and bolt or weld it to the frame/tongue. Then get.....

.... a $15.00 ball mount like above.....

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-inch-ball-mount-hitch-with-0-drop-95884.html

..... and cut the ball off and then weld the other vertical and horizontal square tubing onto it going.......

http://www.shopchampiontrailers.com/1-3_8-X-1-1_16-PLAIN-SPINDLE/productinfo/302/

..... out to the spindle on the end. Then pick up a hub for $35-$40 and you are all set.

I did this for a bike rack on the front of our trailer near the tongue.

.....You can see the bike rack on the port side near the bow in the picture above. There are no bikes on it. With the receiver and mount both being drilled you can easily put in a hitch pin or a locking one. I'll have this mod on the site later.

c ya,

Sum

Our Trips to Lake Powell, UT - Kootenay Lake, Canada - Priest Lake, ID

Our Mac Pages

Mac Links

Timo42

Mar 26, 2007
You should have said you were in town, the more the merrier.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
You should have said you were in town, the more the merrier.
Yesterday (and today) we were/are in Yucca Valley at Ruth's youngest. Tomorrow, Phoenix for a day or two to visit our friends there that looked at our S and then hauled it up to Utah for us (sight un-seen on our parts).

Not sure when we will be back,

Sum

JDK

Jul 12, 2007
Mac 26D 1988 New Port Richey, Fl
Instead of a site, I thought I'd post a few pics from the race yesterday. Not sure how we did since they keep lowering our handicap, but we had a great time. (My hair isn't enough cover for my scalp, though, as we found out by the sunburn this morning...)

We finished third on the water, but ahead of the other 26D you can see in the second picture. He was racing single since his mother-in-law was visiting and his wife was otherwise engaged.

JDK

Attachments

Dec 2, 2010
MacGregor 26m Whitehorse
Thinking heroin addicts have it easier; they don't have a twenty six foot needle sitting outside their house.... Funny thing is I have more ice on the lakes than most of you have snow (6 foot plus...ice)

Oct 31, 2010
88' Macgregor 26D Whiskeytown Lake, CA
Did some sailing this last weekend on my Mac 26D, here is a vid. It was about 54 degrees and beutiful out.
My friend Mike is the one shooting the video and with his cell phone no less.
We had about 18kts of wind with gusts to about 23 or so. we popped out the spin and brouched it before this video was shot.:dance: Luckiliy nobody went swimming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if0QVfVxN_0

Status
Not open for further replies.