Where to put chart plotter and other instruments

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Herrington South, MD
I just received my Axoim 9 and want to install it along with my ST60 tri-data, ST4000 auto pilot and wind indicator. I currently have the 3 instruments mounted on my pedistal, but with the ability of the Axiom to display data, I'm thinking of just have the chart plotter, auto pilot and wind indicator on the pedestal maybe in a new navpod. I'd like some suggestions on configuration and location of all of these instruments

May 1, 2011
Pearson 37 Lusby MD
A new navpod for the chart plotter is the way to go - that's what I did when I added my MFD a few years ago. I left the other instruments in their pods on the pedestal.
InkedIMG_0089_LI.jpg

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
................I'm thinking of just have the chart plotter, auto pilot and wind indicator on the pedestal maybe in a new navpod. I'd like some suggestions on configuration and location of all of these instruments.
That is what I have along with compass that came with the pedestal and bow thruster controller. Speed and depth gauges are located above the companionway.

1586025650424.png

Dec 14, 2003
Hunter 34 Lake of Two Mountains, QC, Can
Hi Mike. You could do what I did, i.e. install the ST-60 over the companionway. I built my own navpod and could add another ST-60 size instrument if needed. Easily readable by helsman and anybody in cockpit. Drawback are those that like to stand in companionway but I do not tolerate it (LOL). I installed the display/control for the wheel pilot right under the cubby hole to starboard. Easy to reach and easy to see. I also have a wireless remote for the A/P. As for the charplotter, I made a support and installed it right above the compass. See pics. Good luck with your installation.

Attachments

Jan 5, 2017
Hunter 356 SF Bay / Delta
I with the the swivel NavPod like mbaker. I went with this one because the larger NavPods seem to partially cover up the below intruments.

Attachments