where is the water tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 24, 2010
Seafarer 26 Union Springs, NY
Where is the water tank on a Seafarer 26? I've looked all over and I can't find it but there is a sink and faucet so it must be somewhere. ((????))
Thanks

Dec 25, 2008
Catalina 34 St. Simons Island
Kim,
I have a S29' and the water tank is under the V-berth in the bow. The S26' and S29' are simular boats so I can't imagine that the water tank would be anywhere else.

Sep 24, 2010
jhnewsome:
I guess the tank has been removed? There is nothing under the Vee berth. Are these water tanks built in or a removable unit?

Thanks for your reply.

Sep 30, 2010
Seafarer 26 Tampa
jhnewsome:
I guess the tank has been removed? There is nothing under the Vee berth. Are these water tanks built in or a removable unit?

Thanks for your reply.

Mine is dead center in the V-birth and is a poly removable tank. There is a spot just to the port side of it for a holding tank if you have an installed head.

Dan

Sep 24, 2010
four section companionway hatch?

Mine is dead center in the V-birth and is a poly removable tank. There is a spot just to the port side of it for a holding tank if you have an installed head.

Dan
Thanks,

I think that the water tank has been removed.
on another point, since you have been so kind to answer, have you ever seen a companion way hatch made in four sections? My boat has this and it's purpose, as far as I know, is to have three of them stacked on the fourth so that there is a larger opening. I boat has a bimini top that gives standing headroom over the opening. I don't see how these sections move though.

Sep 30, 2010
Seafarer 26 Tampa
Kim
Sorry but I've never seen more than three boards on any boat. Mine only has two.
You just had to push it until I was stumped. :( Keep 'em comming if you have them though.
Maybe you will have a better chance posting this question on a general gear & maintenance forum as it will pertain to more than just Seafarers.

Dan

Dec 25, 2008
Catalina 34 St. Simons Island
My main companionway hatch has 4 boards, but they are not the original boards. Not sure if the original was 3 or 4.
James

Mar 5, 2011
Seafarer 31 Yawl Tall Rig Melbourne, Florida
Was the bladder the stock setup for the Seafarer?

I am looking @ a 1970 31 Yawl that had a bladder that was removed.

What did other owner upgrade to and why (flexible bladders,ridge tank(poly or stainless steel))?

Nov 24, 2010
Seafarer 26 Ruskin
Kim Gilbertson said:
Thanks,

I think that the water tank has been removed.
on another point, since you have been so kind to answer, have you ever seen a companion way hatch made in four sections? My boat has this and it's purpose, as far as I know, is to have three of them stacked on the fourth so that there is a larger opening. I boat has a bimini top that gives standing headroom over the opening. I don't see how these sections move though.
Kim - my husband just made me 3 replacement hatch boards for a 26. They work great. When i bought the boat someone had two pieces of warped plywood in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.