When do most retire the C22 for the season?

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
I'm considering sailing into November, but the nice days are definitely getting fewer. Good wind though-

Further south, I'd be tempted to sail year-round. Anyone trailer from the north to the south in the winter?

Last edited:
May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
HH....we don't retire ours or trlr it, usually slipped year round...'cept for bottom work, or whatever if needed 1st qtr...but that's here in NC...bring yours down south!

Feb 11, 2015
Catalina 22 Lake Jacomo
I'm in Missouri. On our lake we have to be off by Nov. 30th but I usually pull by the first week of Nov simply because duck and deer hunting begin taking priority for my free time. Also our weather usually turns cold and crappy by the second or third week and I've pulled out in snow, sleet and freezing rain on the last day too many times when I was young and stupid. The first boats started pulling yesterday but I know we still have some nice days left. 65 degrees and 12-15 wind today so I'm off to sail this afternoon.

Mar 2, 2018
Catalina Wing Keel San Diego
Being in San diego means never having to retire your boat. Anyone that wants to come out let me know and I'll show you around.

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
I'm in Missouri. On our lake we have to be off by Nov. 30th but I usually pull by the first week of Nov simply because duck and deer hunting begin taking priority for my free time. Also our weather usually turns cold and crappy by the second or third week and I've pulled out in snow, sleet and freezing rain on the last day too many times when I was young and stupid. The first boats started pulling yesterday but I know we still have some nice days left. 65 degrees and 12-15 wind today so I'm off to sail this afternoon.
Jacomo Sailor - I was out your way when I was a youngster in the 70's. I actually learned to sail on the Lakewood community lake, and fished at Lake Jacomo. It's a beautiful area, and I miss seeing the all the limestone cliffs, especially around the lakes. Best place I lived when out in the mid-west-

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Yeah, reverse seasons here ... sailing season starts right about now. We rarely get tolerable conditions in which to sail from mid June until late September. The last couple years we've gotten one good window per summer that we were actually able to take advantage of. Each time it was oddly guilty-feeling pleasure, like we'd gotten away with something naughty, or slightly illegal.

Oct 10, 2013
Catalina 22 Minneapolis
I’m on a ball on a city lake, and the city makes us take our boats off by the second Monday of October. That was the 14th this year, as late as it can be.

It always seems too early, but the city needs time to get the mooring gear and the docks out before winter sets in, and in Minneapolis that can happen in October.

I spent the 10-13th on the boat this year, even though the temps were in the mid 30s and it did snow a bit. Gotta get every last minute in.

Of course this last weekend was gorgeous. Nice moderate breeze, temps in the upper 60s, and beautiful color in the trees. But no boats in the water. Sigh.

Last edited: