What loose foot main sail fabric weight recommended for inland lakes MacGregor 26C?

Sep 20, 2011
MacGregor 26 Lake Waccamaw, NC
I plan to buy a new loose foot main for my 95’ MacGregor 26C. I sail in inland lakes in NC. I’m planning on participating in club races too. what sail source, sail weights (5 oz, or more), and other “add on’s” do you recommend (# reefs, full battens....)?

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
I purchased a new main sail from BWY about 4 years ago for our M25 and have been very happy with it. it was a little stiff and hard to wrestle around for the first part of the first season, but since then it's become quite manageable. they were out of the single reef sail at the time, so they made me a deal on one with 2 reef points and I'm glad they did as it gives better options in changing conditions.

Sep 20, 2011
MacGregor 26 Lake Waccamaw, NC
I purchased a new main sail from BWY about 4 years ago for our M25 and have been very happy with it. it was a little stiff and hard to wrestle around for the first part of the first season, but since then it's become quite manageable. they were out of the single reef sail at the time, so they made me a deal on one with 2 reef points and I'm glad they did as it gives better options in changing conditions.
[/QUOTE
Thanks