What if there were no MacGregors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MAC Editorial

If your MacGregor didn't exist, what kind of boat would you own? A Catalina, Capri, or Hunter? A more expensive Beneteau, Sabre, or Tartan? Would you go for more keel, ala Island Packet, or less weight in J-Boat? Which boats interest you and why? Present your preference here, then vote in this week's Quick Quiz at the bottom of the home page.

T

Trevor

Sail / Powerboat?

Can't think of another sailboat that can power like the Mac can, so I'd have to decide whether I wanted a sailboat or a powerboat. Bayliner or Hunter... kind of like comparing apples to oranges.

B

Bill M.

Catalina for me

they're cheap to buy and maintain, they sail well, and their accomodations are pretty good too. Especially in the new ones, although tye're more bucks.

D

Dean Smith

Trawler

Actually, we are already dreaming about another boat, and it would be a trawler -- Grand Banks or Nordic tug. I guess we're getting old. A trawler is less work. If you read the trawler rags, they admit that most trawler buyers are ex-sailers.

D

Dave Finis

Newer Hunters

I like the newer ones with the arch. It makes sense to me functionally and looks kinda cool, too. It actually remionds me, in an abstract way, of the Macgregors.

A

Art Becofsky

Catalina would be my choice

There are a few 22ft Catalinas in the boat club Croton on Hudson, all look really good and have sailed on some. they are also trailerable which I like, and the quality is much better than the Venture I own- sailing is about the same.The price is not out of line for the 22ft ones I have seen for sale.

M

MAC Editorial

Final results

Final results for the Quick Quiz ending 10/8/2000: If there were no MacGregors, what boat would you own? 50% Hunter/Catalina 19% Capri/JY/Oday 17% Other 11% None

Status
Not open for further replies.