West marine has lewmar winches buy one get one free!

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
Anyone have these on a C22? I'm thinking of buying a pair - great deal.

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
Thanks - I just saw CD recommends the same model for the C22.

I'm going to buy a pair - I'd have never known of the deal if you hadn't posted it. Free shipping too. THANKS!

Aug 31, 2017
Catalina Catalina 22 Tampa
Thanks - I just saw CD recommends the same model for the C22.

I'm going to buy a pair - I'd have never known of the deal if you hadn't posted it. Free shipping too. THANKS!
Anything to help the family!

Aug 31, 2017
Catalina Catalina 22 Tampa
I'm still trying to talk the wife into letting me get a pair. Not looking to good though.

Aug 7, 2018
Catalina 350 Great Sodus Bay, Lake Ontario
The winch handles are a great deal.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Did you feel there was enough value to justify ?? I am on the fence and like new shiny things :)
Depends on what year the boat is. On new design boats ('86 - '95), with the winches at half price, I would say yes ... but still barely. They're nice to have, but they're not one of those must-have things like a pop-top tent, or a Bimini, or an autopilot.

On original design boats (pre- '86), I would probably pass on self tailers altogether. The placement of the jib winches with the cleats inboard of them is vastly superior to the "new design", whose cleats are located aft of the winches.

Feb 21, 2019
Catalina 22 Madison In.
Depends on what year the boat is. On new design boats ('86 - '95), with the winches at half price, I would say yes ... but still barely. They're nice to have, but they're not one of those must-have things like a pop-top tent, or a Bimini, or an autopilot.

On original design boats (pre- '86), I would probably pass on self tailers altogether. The placement of the jib winches with the cleats inboard of them is vastly superior to the "new design", whose cleats are located aft of the winches.
:) That is the greatest response of all time because all three things you mentioned instead are on my list of logical needs right away for overnights and winch swap outs were not even on radar, but dangit boat guys like a BOGO sale at West marine, it is the only time you can afford to shop there ...

P.S. What did you do with your pop top tent during day sailing on the south Fl. trips ?? I am guessing it came off and went in the cabin ?

Aug 16, 2016
Pacific Dolphin 24 Phoenix, Arizona
Don't forget....today...Monday March 11th is the last day of this sale. So whether West Marine or Defender price match is your choice.....don't procrastinate.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
What did you do with your pop top tent during day sailing on the south Fl. trips ?? I am guessing it came off and went in the cabin ?
Yep. Once the dew has dried off, I fold it, bag it and stow it. It is surprisingly small when folded.