water tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2004
Oday 25 Sodus Bay, NY
I have a split in my 15 gallon Bayhead fresh water tank. Some dumbass must have left too much water in it over the winter. It's in my 1980 oday. Anybody have any idea how to repair or replace it? Thanks.

muised

Aug 17, 2005
- - Halifax, Nova Scotia
Replaced mine

I replaced a similar tank in my O'Day 25 this spring. I had no idea what had been in the existing tank, so I opted for a flexible tank, which should be easy to remove for winter storage. See link.

M

Mike

replaces mine too

It looks as though you can get to your tank to replace it if necessary. On my OD 28 it was under the settee and was installed during the boat's construction and couldn't be removed. I ended up cutting it to pieces under the settee with a roto-zip equipped with a plastic/aluminum tool. Took about a half hour to get it out and replaced it with a bladder tank. I love the bladder because it has no air vent to the outside. Pressure on the collapsing tank as water is used allows the pump to pull water from the tank. I pull it out in the winter, give it a rinse with a MILD bleach solution and store it in the basement. Easy in, easy out. I suspect that your tank is polypropelene which cannot be easily bonded. I'm told there is a way to chemically "weld" the stuff so you may want to look into that if you want to keep the tank. As I recall the bladder for my size storage area was around $120 plus shipping. It's a rectangular 20 gallon tank and it works GREAT. Good Luck

Jun 21, 2004
Oday 25 Sodus Bay, NY
Tank thankage

Thanks guys. Guess the ol girl needs a new model bladder...any suggestions on where to get'r one? Thanks Uncle Buck Commodore Redneck Yacht Club - Northern division

Jun 21, 2004
Oday 25 Sodus Bay, NY
found one....I hope

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cart/view.html/103-5384478-1016639 Hope it works...

J

jim stevens

split water tank

My Oday 28 had a small [5"] split and I tried to find something to repair it. A buddy of my has a body repair shop and he had a special repair for this type of plastic. Used it and had no further problems. check with a body shop.

Status
Not open for further replies.