WATER SPOTS *O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2004
Island Packet IP 32 99 Forked River, NJ
Here's a problem that's been bugging me for years: The glass portlights on our Morgan are full of water spots (mineral deposits) that are virtually IMPOSSIBLE to remove (CLR, rubbing compound, etc.)! Years ago, I found some spot remover stuff in the local supermarket that simply dissolved the mineral with no rubbing required at all. Any of you folks have any ideas on what that stuff might be??? Jim Ocean Gate, NJ

C

Chris

Search the archives

there was a thread not too long ago on this topic. Someone had a solution (no pun intended!). Good luck

Dec 2, 2003
- - Seabeck WA
We've been using the Mr. Clean system on our cars.

It's amazing. They guarantee no spots and they're right. Haven't tried it on the boat.

M

Mark

Muratic Acid - Swimming Pool Acid

Mix a 10-20% solution of water and HCl - the spots will dissolve in front of your eyes and at that concentration your hardley need gloves - eye protection may be advised. I use it on lots of things - want your bathroon sinks to sparkle around the faucets - will not affect fiberglass - but do not let stand on alum or SS for any length of time.

Mar 31, 2004
Catalina 380 T Holland
Another place to find Muriatic Acid (HCl)

is in toilet bowl cleaner (like "The Works"). I would recommend this over straight muriatic acid because toilet bowel cleaner has some surfactants that will help the acid to dissolve the crud and water spots. Some toilet bowel cleaners use bleach. Don't use them. Find one that contains hydrochloric acid (technical grade hydrochloric acid is called muriatic acid). Be very careful. DON'T get it in your eyes. If you do, it WILL blind you. If you get it on you, wash with pleanty of running water for at least 15 minutes. Steve Alchemist C-320

Dec 2, 2003
- - Seabeck WA
Also don't smell it!

Not only will your eyes not like it, it'll also rip your nose off. Or at least you'll wish it was ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.