VC performance data question

CapnGL

Sep 22, 2016
MacGregor 26D COUR D ALENE
So im going to apply this barrier coating to my boat. I have it sanded and when the weather warms a little more i will finish cleaning prep and apply. I noticed a potential problem. The data sheet says max immersion is 60 days. My boat will be in my seasonal slip for approx 150 days......would taking it out for a day then relaunch work or am i being overly cautious. Its an epoxy....water shouldnt penetrate modern epoxy should it? Its in a fairly cold fresh water lake. Lake pond o reille here in northern idaho.
thanks
Greg

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
So im going to apply this barrier coating to my boat. I have it sanded and when the weather warms a little more i will finish cleaning prep and apply. I noticed a potential problem. The data sheet says max immersion is 60 days. My boat will be in my seasonal slip for approx 150 days......would taking it out for a day then relaunch work or am i being overly cautious. Its an epoxy....water shouldnt penetrate modern epoxy should it? Its in a fairly cold fresh water lake. Lake pond o reille here in northern idaho.
thanks
Greg
Do you mean VC17 bottom paint?

I use it and my boat sits in the water 4-5 months a year...

E144804B-91BE-4B98-8B24-B1AA2E0FD681.jpeg

Greg

CapnGL

Sep 22, 2016
MacGregor 26D COUR D ALENE
Do you mean VC17 bottom paint?

I use it and my boat sits in the water 4-5 months a year...

View attachment 176761

Greg
image.jpg
image.jpgThis is it......west marine said that if its in the water longer that i would need a diver to keep it clean......sooo with your reply and theirs im feeling good about it.
thanks for the reply! Every little bit of info helps.
Greg

Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
The 60 days might mean that it has to be in the water no longer than 60 days after applying it, or it needs to be sanded.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
That is not what I use...so don’t use my recommendation.

VC® 17m Extra with Biolux®

Greg