Vane Steering for Rasmus

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Juniata

Hi everyone, I wish to fit wind vane steering to my Rasmus 35. Does anyone have any recommedations or practical experience on types which work well, or those to avoid ? All comments welcome. Ta, Mike - Juniata, Rasmus 101

Jun 10, 2007
- - San Diego
Wind vanes

Mike: I have circumnavigatede and have used all the big three. Monitor,Aries and Flemming... The best was Monitor: one can easily fix it at sea... Flemming: Good but not great

B

brian bober

Circumnavigate on Rasmus?

Hi, I was curious if you circumnavigated on a rasmus and if so how the boat handled. Anyway else out there with offshore experience in a rasmus? Thanks in advance Brian 1976 Rasmus Ketch Cleveland Ohio

M

Martin Hinders

I have Monitor on my Rasmus, works well on my boat. Good luck, Martin

A

alexisahmc

HR35 Rasmus close hauled sailing

You seem to have plenty of experience with this boat. I have always found it difficult to sail close to the wind with my Rasmus 35. Have you noticed the same? Do you have developed any tricks? Much appreciate the response. Alexis

A

alexisahmc

HR35 Rasmus close hauled sailing

You seem to have plenty of experience with this boat. I have always found it difficult to sail close to the wind with my Rasmus 35. Have you noticed the same? Do you have developed any tricks? Much appreciate the response. Alexis

Status
Not open for further replies.