Up Load issues...

Jan 19, 2010
Catalina 34 Casco Bay
I've been out sailing every day this week, and taken a few videos to up load. For some reason a dialogue box pops up saying, "oops. we've encountered a problem" ( or similar verbiage )..

Any thoughts why? Never had any problem uploading before...

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
I bumped up the maximum video file size and added a few more acceptable file formats. Give it a try again and let me know.

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
I have received an Oops security error on my IPhone if I have multiple Safari tabs open to SBO. I close the extra tabs and refresh the one I have the issue on. If that doesn’t clear it I log out, clear the browser history etc and everything works again.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Yes -- clearing your browser cache is always a good idea! It's the 2020 equivalent of shutting down and rebooting.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Google tells me that the iPhone 8 uses the MJPEG format -- not sure how accurate that is -- but I would try to convert the file to a common format like mp4 or mov, and while doing so, shrink it. If you Google "free video conversion" you'll find a bunch of sites that can do it. You may need to get the file to your computer to do so, I've never tried it from a phone.

If you've successfully uploaded from your iPhone before it's something about this particular file. Probably file size or maybe the resolution is too high.

It might be better if someone can weight in who knows more about video, I'm a complete novice with it.