universal m25xp injector pump

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Buddies injector pump was leaking bad at plungers, pulled pump last year and sent it to diesel shop for new O-rings.
Installed it bled it engine fired right up full throttle shut down would not stop engine held hand over air intake killed it .
Double checked pin on pump in slot . moving shutoff you can hear pin sliding . I'm thinking shop built pump wrong . Any ideas?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Any ideas?
Didn't the fuel shutoff work? Beyond the pull stop lever at the cockpit panel, the upper forward starboard side of the engine, where it connects, can be used. It shuts off the fuel before it gets to the injector pump.
Glad you didn't lose your hand. Next time, get a piece of wood to cover the intake.

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
If it ran full throttle probably the governor's not connected right. Could be the pump dumping too much fuel but I'd look at the governor first.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
No the fuel shut off did not work, a little hesitant pulling the side plate off where the control cables hook up to .to see if it s sitting in the governor right . I know there are springs and don't want to screw anything up

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
Well downloaded the service manual and parts manual ,removed side plate off governor and made sure pin was in slot ,put it back together fired engine up full speed again unable to shut off.
Called diesel shop and asked if it was possible they put the pump back together wrong , if you put the plungers in 180 degrees out you will have no control saw that on youtube. They said maybe and owner came out to yacht club. removed plungers put them back in 180 degrees . Reinstalled pump and Bob's your uncle works perfect.
Just goes to show this guy has been building pumps all his life pushing 70, everybody makes mistakes

jviss

Feb 5, 2004
Tartan 3800 20 Westport, MA
Wow, glad it's fixed, and thanks for the report.