THINGS I LEARNT THIS WEEK:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2008
Alerion Express 28 Oneida Lake, NY
1. NEVER let anyone (self included) fall from or jump off my boat into the water. 2. NEVER allow lightning within 100nm of my boat. Paul s/v The Lord Nelson

Jun 12, 2004
Allied Mistress 39 Ketch Kemah,Tx.
Jung

I dont think so, but its possible. If im not sure of something i will preface the statement by saying that.

C

Capt Ron;-)

Cogito Ergo Sum

Tony, Glad you spoke to Jay, he and Dick are both great guys, and the best marine surveyors in the Gulf...He doesn't mind answering questions, it is good in the long run, but they are busy all the time. No it is not going to make your boat faster, but you will have some mosre sail options. It is just money and time. I did something similar once but it was to a homemade steel yacht and wasn't concerned with looks. Great forum here boys, carry on... "I think therefore I am" Rene Descartes.

Jun 7, 2004
Birch Bay Washington
Tonyb, Jung already knows

I am not aware why he asked, at least I don't know that I don't know why if ever it was. Sailorboy had me reaching for my side but nothing here would fit my 220. Context is everything... Paul, there are times it is ok to jump off your boat. Just make sure it is stopped. Oh, and 101 miles from lightning.

Jun 12, 2004
Capt'n Ron

Hello again. When i get settled with insurance company, hopefully in this life, I will be up their way looking at boats. If you look at my new post "Significance of PHRF ratings?" you will then figure out the 'why' of original post "Cutter to Yawl or Ketch ?". I have the skills to make it look like it was manufactured that way. If properly planned , its really not that big of a deal. Pre-fab everything in shop and then several short days of glassing and rigging. Wont take but a week at most. I wont hit land till Wed, day before Thanks Giving. Then may have to drive back to Slidell to meet with Ins. guy and surveyor...if i can get them to call me back. I was in Biloxi about 2 weeks ago, its literally a ghost town 2 months later. Still no elec. Cant turn on elec till they bulldoze the town first according to the newspapers. I got lots of pics. BTW, Where are you located? "I drink, therefore I'm drunk" Tony B

C

Capt Ron;-)

I Drink, ,Therefore I'm Drunk...

Tony, That's a good one, and here I thought you jung guys were serious philosophers...well sailors are dreamers at the very least, except the ones out there varinishing 90hrs a week to impress their peers. Scott, allegorie, is that somethig ugly in an alley? Tony, been all over, including the Carribian, now in California, land of fruits & nuts...

Jun 12, 2004
I drink, therefore I'm drunk

There are lots of allegories living in the swamps of La and Fl.Just have to keep an eye out for them. I have only been sailing for about 8 or 9 years....started late in life. Originally from Brooklyn then worked my way south. Retired from the phone company about 19 years ago. Now work offshore.All of my sailing has been on the redneck riviera except for a few months in St. Thomas, and no i didnt sail there, wish i had tho. Soon to the bahamas, if i can ever get straightenen out with my Ins co. My job is usually seasonal out here on the rigs. Since no boat. i might just as well work the winter. I started racing on other peoples boats this past spring and thats where i heard the expression "racers are a bunch of drinkers with a sailing problem" CHEERS

Status
Not open for further replies.