The Admiral at the helm.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
The Admiral at the helm in 15-20knts. It was pretty chilly, so she was all bundled up (I believe she had every bit of clothing on that she brought along...lol). She was handling the boat pretty well and was really enjoying it. I may have created a monster....lol. She likes the speed & the heel, believe it or not. I have found the more actively involved she is the more she wants to go out sailing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2QovF1_tlU

JasonC

Jun 13, 2011
Macgregor 26M Fredericksburg
It was great sailing this weekend, a bit chilli, but was flying on the Potomac.

Piotr

Dec 6, 2010
MacGregor 25 Rock Hall, MD
Nice! where was the vid taken? It looks noonish - that's when the wind turned to E and ESE. I was just docking at that time.

Sep 25, 2008
This was Sunday on the way back north. Probably in the area of the Sassafrass, heading NW.

Piotr

Dec 6, 2010
Ah. I was probably just waking up. Did you stay at the Worton Creek Marina?

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
its so great when they take an actual interest in the sport, rather than just going along for the ride to get out of the house for awhile...
when they become an active and willing part of the crew, the possibilities for new adventures, new hardware, electronics or upgraded boats are endless:D

May 16, 2011
Macgregor V-25 Charlton, MA- Trailer
Great Video!! My Admiral is in the same boat...well not exactly. Looks the same. She loves the heel and choppy sea. The pic, of her feet, is on Narragansett Bay on a child free weekend sailing date last summer. We did 70 mi in about a day and a half. Rail in the water and hull speed all weekend. What a blast! She was hooked. No fear in the steady 20+. Everything was on the floor. I guess she can't visualize the rig coming down in her head like I can! Dipped the Tsatz's belly in a local pond on Sunday afternoon. Felt great. One last window to rebed, tonight before the rain and she is ready!! Well and move the transducer to the v-berth..thanks Centerline. Happy sailing!:)

Attachments

Nov 19, 2011
MacGregor 26S Hampton, VA
Great! You'll come home from work one day and find a note that says "went sailing, be back when I am done. Dinner is in the fridge, put it in the microwave for 2 min"

Piotr

Dec 6, 2010
Great! You'll come home from work one day and find a note that says "went sailing, be back when I am done. Dinner is in the fridge, put it in the microwave for 2 min"
If he is lucky. If not, the note would say "went sailing, be back when I am done. get dinner and leave me some."

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Cuscus,

I agree. There is nothing better in the world than having a partner that shares your passion. Having had it both ways, I have found that is it impossible to go 'all-in' without a partner that wants it as much as you do.

Planing downwind under spinnaker on a Class 40 in the Aegean. Cold and rainy. She's loving it!

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
I am amongst the lucky - my admiral is all in also. Beautiful, smart, talented, charming, adventurous, and loves sailing. She continues to amaze me. Best of all she loves me (I have no idea why - I'm short, bald, kinda grumpy and momma dresses me funny).

I am the envy of all of my friends and acquaintances.

May 12, 2010
Macgregor 25 Southern Maryland
The Admiral at the helm in 15-20knts. It was pretty chilly, so she was all bundled up (I believe she had every bit of clothing on that she brought along...lol). She was handling the boat pretty well and was really enjoying it. I may have created a monster....lol. She likes the speed & the heel, believe it or not. I have found the more actively involved she is the more she wants to go out sailing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2QovF1_tlU
Looks great. I'm envious because we haven't splashed yet. We sail on the Bay near the Patuxent River.

Question for you: I notice on another one of your videos that you seem to have the stock mainsheet leading to the transom rather than a traveler in the cockpit. (At least I think that's what I see). The transom arrangement has worked well for me in my Mac 25 also, but I was wondering if you've considered installing a traveler near the companionway as others have. Some folks swear by it and say it gives better sail control and sail shape.

What do you think?

Piotr

Dec 6, 2010
Looks great. I'm envious because we haven't splashed yet. We sail on the Bay near the Patuxent River.

Question for you: I notice on another one of your videos that you seem to have the stock mainsheet leading to the transom rather than a traveler in the cockpit. (At least I think that's what I see). The transom arrangement has worked well for me in my Mac 25 also, but I was wondering if you've considered installing a traveler near the companionway as others have. Some folks swear by it and say it gives better sail control and sail shape.

What do you think?
I think his mainsheet is a hybrid of the transom "
V" set up going to the foot of the mast and then being redirected to the cocvkpit.

Sep 25, 2008
Noah,
Check my write up on my mainsheet on the "other" Macgregor site: http://www.macgregorsailors.com/modt/index.php?view=1402

I love the way it works, the sheet is always right there in front of you no matter what tack you're on, easy to single hand, and has plenty of purchase power (mech advantage). I don't want a traveller in my way and my mainsheet rig would be too complicated to run through a traveller anyway. For our boats, a traveller is not as important as on a larger boat with bigger sails and more load on the sheets. I can play my sheet in and out easily and quickly, and by using the vang smartly, I can point just fine (race proven success) and dump wind to ease the heeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.