Teak in Mac25?

Jul 25, 2017
MacGregor 25 Madison, WI
Hi there,
Does anyone know whether the companionway slats, the hatch sliders, the hull-to-deck joint cover, or the table trim on a Mac25 are Teak or something else?
If something else, what are they?
Mine look pretty awful, and I'm wondering if it's worth the bleaching regimen that folks recommend for teak.
Thanks!

Mar 29, 2015
MacGregor 25 trailer sailer
Mine are teak on my '83, I have been busy and havent been keeping them all oiled, but plan on doing it soon. Im not sure if all m25's came with teak because my companionway door is wood with a teak louver in it. If yours is teak then I hope yours is good enough to restore!

Jul 25, 2017
MacGregor 25 Madison, WI
@MisterR6 , @jjsbiggs , were both your interior and exterior trim teak, or were the interior ones another kind of wood?
Mine have gotten really dark, and I'm thinking of going at them with wood bleach.

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
After the first coupla years of attending to it I'm firmly in the let it go gray camp...

Can you post a picture of the interior pieces?
My old stockie didn't have any teak inside...

Mar 29, 2015
Teak is only on exterior on mine. The table is plywood with another type of wood around the edges and some thick high gloss spar or similar type varnish. Has holes about 3" in diameter ( I have some plastic cups that fit perfect in them). I assumed they were to hold cups. Hope that helps!

Mar 29, 2015
Topcat, I let mine go for a while and like my hair it is turning grey too! The wood is in great shape and was rebedded and redone just 3 years ago, but I like that well oiled look, at least for now, until I tire of my maintenance duty.

Jun 24, 2010
Macgregor 25 Northeast, MD
I believe the inside of my boat is all original but I don't believe any of it was teak but I could be mistaken.