Tank Guages

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mark Johnson

Are the Wema tank guages any good? I have 5 water tanks and only one guage is working. 2 Holding tank guages and one is working (although it used to work). The fuel guage works, but not too accurate. Any experience out there? MPJ

D

David Wichmann

Our tank guages

We have the standard Hunter guages (don't know the brand off the top of my head). Our water guages work just fine. The fuel guage is, at best, off. The holding tank guages are WORTHLESS (and, BTW, Hunter didn't install them the way the manufacturer intended).

D

Don Alexander

Water Tank Gauge

After three years the sliding ring on the WEMA sender in my water tank developed rust on its iron magnet. This caused a bubble on the inside of the foam moulding and the ring would not slide anty more. As a temporary fix I cut the ring in two, cleaned off the rust and epoxied the whole lot. Now it is lying in wait for me! WEMA should use ceramic magnets whici don't rust. Anyone know a firm which do have a reliable tank gauge which has a top entry? Regards don

B

Bob E.

Acu-gage

I have purchased but not yet installed a tank guage system called Acu-gage. This is a panel that monitors up to 4 tanks, using external electronic sensors that require no penetration of the tank. This arrangement can't leak, clog, rust, etc. Don't know if they work yet, but it sounds good. Cost is a lot less than mechanical guages. Here is the Web site: http://www.snake-river.org/ I first saw this product mentioned on this forum. One problem is that to install the sensors, you need access to one full side of the tank -- makes it difficult with foamed-in tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.