Tach for Mercury Outboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2013
macgregor 26x escambia bay florida
I am the second owner of a 2002 26x with a 60 hp mercury big foot. The engine has EFI and I think can be equiped with the basic Smart Craft Monitoring System. I would like to hear from anyone that has a tach and / or a smartcraft monitor installed on this model engine. I need the p/n's for any cable harness,tach or monitor used. Any info would be helpful. Thanks hardpatch

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
I don't have that motor, but have owned at least 3 merc ob's.

you normally need the engine serial number to order parts.

evidently, sometimes things change mid year/model, and the parts dept uses the serial # to be positive on ordering parts.

-YMMV.

May 27, 2012
Oday 222 Beaver Lake, Arkansas
As MrBill eludes, any Merc dealer would be able to answer your question, but they will need the serial number to do so.

Apr 16, 2013
macgregor 26x escambia bay florida
Thanks for the info ualpow. RotorFixer has done a lot of research for his project and I found a lot of info I can use. The murky waters of Smart Craft can be difficult to navigate. I found most part lists to be useless as regards smart craft components and not all dealers are equal regarding smart craft knowledge. The incorrect wiring harness, improper termination(as you noted) and a host of other variables can result in a system that will not work at best or a fryed ecm at worst.
I hope to find a lot of accurate info in rotorfixers postings. Thanks again. hardpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.