T-Bolt 1/4-28 Left Hand Thread for Standing rigging source help

T_Cat

Aug 8, 2014
Catalina 22 1987 New Design. 14133 "LadyHawke" Modesto CA
Raising the mast last sail resulted in some bent T-Bolt's. Does anyone have a supplier that doesn't run $14 each plus shipping?

Attachments

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
I've been using about a 5" piece of 10 gauge insulated wire - as somewhat of a fix for that issue. If you insert the wire between the toggle and under the "T" bolt, and bend it around it to keep it there - it seems to prevent the extra play that allows the "T" bolt to twist sideways, when the mast is raised. The wire can be left in there, or removed if you don't want to look at it after the mast is raised. So far, it's been doing the job. Annoying problem.

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
Just stop by WM or your local chandlery and pick some up. My local one had them for like $7 from Defender if I remember correctly.

to prevent it use a small rope through the t toggle and just keep it tied there. I would refrain from wire as it might snag the sails.

T_Cat

Aug 8, 2014
Catalina 22 1987 New Design. 14133 "LadyHawke" Modesto CA
Thanks, I don't know why i haven't checked them yet.I have a WM 35min form home..

mll

Oct 17, 2019
Catalina 22 Wheeler Lake
I have 4 that are bent, I am ordering 4 replacments, but I am also ordering from aircraft spruce about 2 ft of 4130 alloy steel 3/8 o.d. x 0.257 i.d. tubing to cut to desired length and installing on 1/4 t-bolt. Steel 4130 will not bend as easy as the bolt and if filed smooth should not snag sails especially if I install pvc tubing over the entire turnbuckle.