Swing Keel

Degs

Jan 15, 2021
Catalina 22 Liverpool
Doing a keel overhaul on my early Catalina and want to know what size the 4 nuts are that hold the the 2 bronze/brass hangers that surport the front of the keel ( as I have lost the ones I took off) and secondly are the nuts Nylocs or do I use spring washers?
Many thanks

Sep 22, 2018
Hunter 216 Kingston
Doing a keel overhaul on my early Catalina and want to know what size the 4 nuts are that hold the the 2 bronze/brass hangers that surport the front of the keel ( as I have lost the ones I took off) and secondly are the nuts Nylocs or do I use spring washers?
Many thanks
Welcome to SBO! :)

Although I don’t have a direct answer to your question I did find this “upgrade” on Catalinadirect. It appears you are in the UK so not sure if you could source locally but it does come with nuts! ;)

This is another link that leads you to several articles on C22 keel. You might find your answers.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Many thanks
I assume you mean bolts, rather than nuts? That's what holds the hangers in place, unless the boat has been radically modified somewhere along the line.

If it's bolts, this is where I get them: McMaster-Carr