Swiming platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Snodgrass

Hello everyone. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a 83 catalina 30 and was wondering if anyone has seen swimming platform kit for my boat? I saw one the other day on a hunter, the guy bought a "new stern" that attached to the old stern of his boat but it had steps and a swimming platform . Not sure if there is such a thing for a catatlina, Thanks Jamie

M

Mario Therrien

swimming platform

Hello Jamie I don't know if a kit exist but i did my owm platform for my c30 1985 First i did one in composite (fiberglass/polyester) following the shape of the hull like the "jupe"(rear transom) of the MKIII but the angle was to big (it go high to fast, wasn't paralelle to the water), it was like i had two bow on my boat. Then after this bad expensive experience i decide to did a swimming platform just like the power boat have. It's nice, praticle and cheap! two braket made with aluminium (triangle of 16 inch with 2 flange) one platform made with plywood (balcon type) shaped with big radius a telescopic latter otterwise it's not made with teak other exotic wood, i have it for 2 season now and it's still nice! Mario Therrien Sans Frontières c30 1985

Jun 2, 2004
Catalina 27 Newport Beach
pictures, please.

Mario: do you have any pictures of swim step project? thanks...

M

Mario

I will...

Jim Next time I 'll go to my boat (1,5 hours) I'll take some picture. Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.